The corsair cx series.

Youriv88

Sobibwant to build my own pc and i was thinking about getting the corsair cx750m. I am planning on overclocking an intel core i7 4790k. I hear a lot of bad things about the corsair cx series. Are they really that bad and if so, which psu should i get?

I would NOT Get a CX750 for that build, Owned 2, both of them are dead, Damaged some components along the way, Cruddy units. Heard a story of a guy that built 5 computers with the CX Units and 4 of them died.

Bit the Bullet and went for a supernova G2 and have never regretted it, Computer runs smoother than it ever did while under the CX units.

I'd save up and least get a Supernova G2, RM 750/AX760 or a seasonic unit, May hurt the wallet but a quality PSU will be worth it, Specially with a Overclocked i7.

Hey bro whatcha DOOOOOOOOIN *Barfs fruit salads on your chest*

i7 4820K / Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ 6GB \ 16GB Corsair Vengeance (4X4) / Gigabyte X79-UD3 \ EVGA Supernova G2 850W / Windows 7 Ultimate / Dell U2412M \

Dat be spooky....my hella rad pootpoot *u*

CX750M, itself, is based on a solid mid-range platform; however, since it belong in the budget oriented CX series, there's been price down aspect to it (lower rated operating temperature, lower quality fan and caps, and shorter warranty).

to give you a recommendation, it would be helpful to know your entire system specification, your budget, and provide links to stores you are able to buy from.

I have that exact PSU - first one was DOA but the second is good

AMD FX8350  2x ASUS Radeon R9 270X 4GB  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX  -  Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 16GB

Sobibwant to build my own pc and i was thinking about getting the corsair cx750m. I am planning on overclocking an intel core i7 4790k. I hear a lot of bad things about the corsair cx series. Are they really that bad and if so, which psu should i get?

The CX750 is different then the other CX. It's much more similar to a TX on the inside. However there's still better options for the money.

"Rawr XD"

They're good, for their price

So which modulair PSU do you reccomend?

And I had said "to give you a recommendation, it would be helpful to know your entire system specification, your budget, and provide links to stores you are able to buy from."

What you get for $100 USD isn't the same as what you can get for $100 AUD due to pricing and availability. Your system specification will determine the capacity of the unit that you need to power it.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=416

If that is still the base for the CX750M, 'nuff said

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W