Network in a Box

hello Internet people, I was watching a YouTube video of this guy's home network setup and he had a really cool cabinet made to house all of his networking hardware. I'm a high school student about to graduate and move out but I have some network back bone that I want to take with me and I'm sure that I will be moving again later on. What I want to do is make a box/cabinet type thing to hold my router, switch, and whatever other hardware I get, that can mount to a wall and I can take from house to house decently easy. Would love to hear some ideas or criticism, eventually I'll have a full design

This.....I like this

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

I think the best way would be to use wood and quick disconnect cables out of the side? With a handle and lock to open the top to upgrade and all that.

Are you talking about something like this?

1915-3-100-08.jpg

That wouldnt even fit half my network set up...

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Sort of like that, but something a little more workable if that makes sense? That looks cool I will admit but that looks like a mini server rack. drt33 has sorta the right idea. I have a 24 port switch that I can mount to the back of the box and then mount the router on the side of it with a surge protector to plug every thing in

Here is the YouTube video I was talking about, I was thinking about something like this, only better designed and maybe a bit more portable. And sorry about the slow response, who would of know teachers expect you to learn.

It's a box that you mount stuff in.... go buy some wood and finish it yourself or buy a server rack? There's not much more too it.

It's a box that you mount stuff in.... go buy some wood and finish it yourself or buy a server rack? There's not much more too it.

Yes, that is just a box, the point is what can I improve on and what else can I add to it to make it something awesome.

Yes, that is just a box, the point is what can I improve on and what else can I add to it to make it something awesome.

Gold, Ivory, the tears of virgins?

Gold, Ivory, the tears of virgins?

Prefer to leave your tears away from my networking gear.

Prefer to leave your tears away from my networking gear.

sticker,375x360.u2.png