i5 3470 + evo 212

Go to solution Solved by Sir Asvald,

on load

That's fine. No need to worry. :) if the temp is over 80, then you'll need to worry. 62 isn't anything to worry about. 

Hello guys, i recently bought a evo 212 cpu cooler and installed in on my i5 3470. With the stock cpu cooler undermax load, during cpu stress test i was reaching 60 degrees celcius. Now i've set the multiplier a bit higher to 39 and temps still reach 61-62 degrees is that normal, if not how to fix it?

Hello guys, i recently bought a evo 212 cpu cooler and installed in on my i5 3470. With the stock cpu cooler undermax load, during cpu stress test i was reaching 60 degrees celcius. Now i've set the multiplier a bit higher to 39 and temps still reach 61-62 degrees is that normal, if not how to fix it?

62 on load or idle?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

on load

That's fine. No need to worry. :) if the temp is over 80, then you'll need to worry. 62 isn't anything to worry about. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

What do you want fixed? I dont see anything wrong.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Ye i understand that, thing is i have plenty airflow going through the case,i've changed the case added more fans since i replaced the cpu cooler. When it was running the stock one the temps were 60-65. A friend of mine has a smaller case with less fans, same cpu cooler but on an i7 3770 and under load he only reaches 42 degrees. Any idea?

Well i just expected a bigger changes into the temps... 

We used the same paste that came with the cpu cooler.

How much did you apply?

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I used the puddle in the middle method, well hmm hard to describe how much but i think it was enough

I used the puddle in the middle method, well hmm hard to describe how much but i think it was enough

If you used the entire little tube that came with it you might have used too much to get the optimum performance.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

No i didn't use the whole tube, i checked some sites and it said it was enough for 4 times, i've got plenty of it.

Edit: i also happen to have some artic silver V shall i use that one instead or not?

No i didn't use the whole tube, i checked some sites and it said it was enough for 4 times, i've got plenty of it.

Edit: i also happen to have some artic silver V shall i use that one instead or not?

Open the side panel and see if the temps become better, If it becomes Much better you should look over the fan configuration for the case.

Remember to quote me, Or write in my name like this @[name] If you dont there is a Great chance i wont see you have replied, Since i wont get a notification otherwise.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I've already tried that, it doesn't change, cpu is idling at 32 degrees, i have 2 200 mm fans pulling air out of the top, 1 140 mm intake in the front and 1 120mm exhaust at the back, shall i change anything? The case is the Phantom 530

@Johannes_Lazor

Sorry didn't know about the tagging system

Open the side panel and see if the temps become better, If it becomes Much better you should look over the fan configuration for the case.

Remember to quote me, Or write in my name like this @[name] If you dont there is a Great chance i wont see you have replied, Since i wont get a notification otherwise.

@Johannes_Lazor

Did i do it correctly :P ?

@Johannes_Lazor

Did i do it correctly :P ?

Yup, I just went off and played a match of War Thunder, Thats why i delayed.

You dont have to use both at the same time, Just one of them is enough.

The only thing that i think can be wrong is the fan itself. Or the fan doesnt ramp up the same way as your friends.

Here is a thread on Anandtech about the same motherboard as yours, And fan curves

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2373386

I have not had the same issue, So i dont know alot about it.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Yup, I just went off and played a match of War Thunder, Thats why i delayed.

You dont have to use both at the same time, Just one of them is enough.

The only thing that i think can be wrong is the fan itself. Or the fan doesnt ramp up the same way as your friends.

Here is a thread on Anandtech about the same motherboard as yours, And fan curves

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2373386

I have not had the same issue, So i dont know alot about it.

Well i use the mobos suite to control the fan speed and even when it runs at 1600 rpm which is the max i think for the stock fan of the Evo 212 it reaches the temps i said. I didn't use both pastes together. Shall i reinstall the cpu cooler and switch pastes?

Well i use the mobos suite to control the fan speed and even when it runs at 1600 rpm which is the max i think for the stock fan of the Evo 212 it reaches the temps i said. I didn't use both pastes together. Shall i reinstall the cpu cooler and switch pastes?

It would not hurt to try, I dont really see any other option.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Okay thanks i'll try it as soon as i can. Shall i add another fan to have push and pull on the cpu cooler?

You would probably gain couple of degrees, The CM 212 evo uses a transparent version of the Blademaster PWM fan.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer