High SATA power connector

SammyG145

So after upgrading my file server a few months back I'm using all of the molex and SATA power connectors on my little CX500. So my question to you guys is if you know of any power supplies that can power more than 8 drives (I think that's how many I'm running currently).

Now I probably won't just run out and buy one, just kinda want to see if I can get one for a semi decent price which can then kinda help me decide what i can do next with the server.

A little more info on the PC. It's an i3-3220 running in a Z68 mob, 24 Pin ATX 8 Pin CPU. No other "regular" connections needed.

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985 

If you have any spare molex connectors that you're not using... you can choose to adapt them and get two or more sata power connectors out of a single molex quite easily and cheaply.

So after upgrading my file server a few months back I'm using all of the molex and SATA power connectors on my little CX500. So my question to you guys is if you know of any power supplies that can power more than 8 drives (I think that's how many I'm running currently).

Now I probably won't just run out and buy one, just kinda want to see if I can get one for a semi decent price which can then kinda help me decide what i can do next with the server.

A little more info on the PC. It's an i3-3220 running in a Z68 mob, 24 Pin ATX 8 Pin CPU. No other "regular" connections needed.

I'm using the CX850 to power 7 HDD and 2 DVD drives and 2 case fans with another for the graphics card, then again I'm using sata to molex adapters for some and the HDD are ancient IDE ones.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If you have any spare molex connectors that you're not using... you can choose to adapt them and get two or more sata power connectors out of a single molex quite easily and cheaply.

I'm using the CX850 to power 7 HDD and 2 DVD drives and 2 case fans with another for the graphics card, then again I'm using sata to molex adapters for some and the HDD are ancient IDE ones.

I'm currently using the 4 molex harness to power 4 of my drives. The sata cable with two connectors is for my boot SSD and the 5th WD red. Then the three sata harness for the three 5.25" to 3.5" hot swaps I have in the front. Kinda crazy using all of them.

Only reason I'm asking is I've got a few extra drives kicking about that I can throw into the system. Just need more power! Maybe I could just buy a second PSU and run them in a separate enclosure. Maybe a mod for the future. 

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985 

I'm currently using the 4 molex harness to power 4 of my drives. The sata cable with two connectors is for my boot SSD and the 5th WD red. Then the three sata harness for the three 5.25" to 3.5" hot swaps I have in the front. Kinda crazy using all of them.

Only reason I'm asking is I've got a few extra drives kicking about that I can throw into the system. Just need more power! Maybe I could just buy a second PSU and run them in a separate enclosure. Maybe a mod for the future. 

A CX850M will be enough, considering its got 8 Sata, 6 Molex and 2 FDD connectors.

PMSL

A CX850M will be enough, considering its got 8 Sata, 6 Molex and 2 FDD connectors.

Really? I might be able to pick one up cheap on eBay or something. Cheers for the help!

Really? I might be able to pick one up cheap on eBay or something. Cheers for the help!

NP, I'm trying to max out one of my rigs, but I don't have a case big enough to do it  :P (2 more 3.5" mounts and I'd have 9 HDD installed).

PMSL

NP, I'm trying to max out one of my rigs, but I don't have a case big enough to do it  :P (2 more 3.5" mounts and I'd have 9 HDD installed).

haha I'm currently at 8 + the SSD. I can ghetto mount another 4 in just need to be able to power them! :lol:

haha I'm currently at 8 + the SSD. I can ghetto mount another 4 in just need to be able to power them! :lol:

Your lucky with the SSD, just throw them in and they don't care, with my HDD most won't work at anything past horizontal (I even had 1 shatter its spindle when run on its side).

PMSL

Your lucky with the SSD, just throw them in and they don't care, with my HDD most won't work at anything past horizontal (I even had 1 shatter its spindle when run on its side).

Really?! I've not had any drives die on me like that, just normal wear and tear as I would call it.

Really?! I've not had any drives die on me like that, just normal wear and tear as I would call it.

Some of the older HDD weren't really made for quality, but just for selling as much as possible.

PMSL