How to properly clean a mechanical keyboard ?

I saw a lot of video tutorials but it's kinda inaccurate can someone just show me a step by step one ?  :lol:

“Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There’s no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door… Or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it… You can still decide not to pass through.” -Kisuke Urahara

I just took all keycaps off, cleaned them in hot water and cleaned the keyboard with water/isopropyl alcohol mix (1:1), I used paper cloth and cotton ear-buds. I left the keycaps dry on a radiator for two hours, put them back in - done :)

remove keycaps (WITH KEYCAP PULLERS, NOT WITH FINGERS), dust with canned air, replace keycaps

Do what this person says

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I saw a lot of video tutorials but it's kinda inaccurate can someone just show me a step by step one ?  :lol:

There's not much too it, I don't know of a specific video, but I can tell you what usually works.

1. Remove keycaps (with keycap puller to avoid damage)

2. Soak keys in strainer and shake them around to get any guck off of them.

3. Use a can of compressed air to get anything that can be easily removed off of the keyboard.

4. Use a q-tip or cotton swabs to get in between the key switches on the keyboard and use either water or pure alcohal to slowly rub away at anything that might be there. 

5. Use a nice cloth that doesn't leave any fibres behind to get the big spots. 

6. Assemble keyboard which should look brand new!

I personally just pull my keycaps with my bare hands (but very carefully of course), use a paintbrush to sweep all the dust off inside, use a wet cloth to wipe the areas that i can reach, replace key caps :) Good as new!

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

There's not much too it, I don't know of a specific video, but I can tell you what usually works.

3. Use a can of compressed air to get anything that can be easily removed off of the keyboard.

4. Use a q-tip or cotton swabs to get in between the key switches on the keyboard and use either water or pure alcohal to slowly rub away at anything that might be there. 

In case of lack of compressed air I suggest blowing, and a paint brush can be really good for cleaning between the switches.

i always refer people to this video 

EVGA GTX 970 - i5 4460 - Enthoo Pro M

Cut it in half, wash with water and make sure you get all the viruses out.

Should I install windows 10 before or after I do that?

In case of lack of compressed air I suggest blowing, and a paint brush can be really good for cleaning between the switches.

Yup, agreed

Can i actually wash my keycaps sine it has a sticky thing in it ? (i use the Razer Blackwidow Stealth Edition Cherry MX Blue)

“Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There’s no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door… Or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it… You can still decide not to pass through.” -Kisuke Urahara

Thanks a lot ! should i wash it with soap too ? I live in a tropical country drying it is not a problem hahaha 

Thanks a lot ! should i wash it with soap too ? I live in a tropical country drying it is not a problem hahaha 

Yeah, some regular soap shouldn't hurt, just don't use alcohol on the keycaps as it can fade the lettering. Goodluck!

Yeah, some regular soap shouldn't hurt, just don't use alcohol on the keycaps as it can fade the lettering. Goodluck!

alright thanks a lot!