Solidworks Rendering

Go to solution Solved by Stefan1024,

There is no way to use the GPU in SW 2014. I also tryed. Good quality rendering takes me abour one hour. But by shuting off the caustic you can save a lot of time, and the defference of the rendering is smal.

Hey guys I've been trying to do some final renders for a project of mine and wanted to get some information about solidworks. Right now I'm using CPU processing to do my final renders using photoview360 but is taking a really long time, I wanted to know if it's possible to use my GTX970 to do those renders or if solidworks is locked to only use workstation based graphics such as Quadros. If someone more familiar with the program can provide me some insight it'll be much appreciated.

- W-L

There is no way to use the GPU in SW 2014. I also tryed. Good quality rendering takes me abour one hour. But by shuting off the caustic you can save a lot of time, and the defference of the rendering is smal.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Well that's unfortunate, and it's taking about an hour or so to render each image so yeah. I guess I'll just let it do it's thing then.

Well that's unfortunate, and it's taking about an hour or so to render each image so yeah. I guess I'll just let it do it's thing then.

Look on this post: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/351134-the-silent-cube-pushing-passive-cooling-to-the-limit-with-dual-gtx-980/

Fist picture set: ~2 minutes rendering each.

Second picture set: ~1 hour each.

Because the pictures are downscaled a bit while uploading you can't see a big difference. Most of the time you don't need a extrem high quality rendering.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Look on this post: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/351134-the-silent-cube-pushing-passive-cooling-to-the-limit-with-dual-gtx-980/

Fist picture set: ~2 minutes rendering each.

Second picture set: ~1 hour each.

Because the pictures are downscaled a bit while uploading you can't see a big difference. Most of the time you don't need a extrem high quality rendering.

Yeah I see what you mean, I'm planning on printing it out possibly 1:1 since it's a small part but I haven't decided if I should yet.