GTX 970 stuttering and fps problems

dima_

Probably. It's not an issue of fps, though. Well, here's basically what happens; most of the time, it's a really fucking annoying microstuttering that's especially noticable and distracting when driving. However, a gamebreaking issue for me is this; sometimes what happens is I get a massive fps drop, going to like 10-15 fps and making it impossible to walk or drive straight or aim, completely fucking me up on GTA Online. It lasts for about 5 seconds, and I get a smooth 60fps for about 10 seconds before it happens again for another 5 seconds. It's consistent, and the only way to fix it is to reboot the game. When I boot it again, I usually just get shitty microstutter.

i get mad tearing at 60 fps. Had a cut sceen drop to 14 fps. They have to have a update to fix this, i shouldn't be getting anyore performance than you. Maybe i dont notice micro stuttering.

The other day I made a thread about performance issues relating to GTA V, and apparently there are other people with GTX 970's getting stuttering issues and massive fps drops in GTA V. Well, now I'm noticing it in BF4. It's gotten to the point where both games are basically unplayable. I'm still pissed as shit at nVidia for doing what they did because now I have a $350 with the performance of a fucking 750ti and no way to get something else. In the meantime, while I weep, are there any possible solutions to this that don't involve throwing my GPU in the trash and getting an R9 290X with money I don't have?

I had the stuttering issues for the 1st few days but I dont have any problem now with the 970 and gta v. I think the patch solved it.

While it's not the same games, Assassin's Creed Unity and Shadow of Mordor are unplayable for me with the 970 playing at 1080p.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

Are other GTX 970 users have these same issues? Both BF4 and GTA V are running great on my GTX 980. It's the same driver.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

Yeah, but it's also $300 more than a GTX 970...

$200*

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

$200*

I could easily nitpick with Aussie prices, its the same price as a US 980. (In hindsight I'd have saved $73 by buying a GTX 980 from the US off Amazon at the time).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yes its a issue with the 970.Some think its a memory leak. But there's no official conformation yet.  There's 100's of threads everywhere talking about it. I have two friends who are pissed cause they stutter and crash all the time. I really feel bad for 970's users that are having issues. If the 3.5gb thing wasn't enough.  :lol:

I had a gtx 970 and i  bought it back in october, contacted newegg in february  and they gave me a full refund on the 970, so i got a 980 instead :^)

I returned my 970 a few monts ago, instead of the 970 i now have ( temporary) a 7870. What is noticed is that for example bioshock infinite runs a lot smoother on a 7870 then a 970 strix. No micro stuttering or visible lag drops. Thats odd because the 970 should be a lot more powerfull. I have even higher frame rates on lol and minecraft :P

I returned my 970 a few monts ago, instead of the 970 i now have ( temporary) a 7870. What is noticed is that for example bioshock infinite runs a lot smoother on a 7870 then a 970 strix. No micro stuttering or visible lag drops. Thats odd because the 970 should be a lot more powerfull. I have even higher frame rates on lol and minecraft :P

vRAM usage? (for those that think it can't be noticeable, run the '3GB' memory burn in msi kombuster and watch the vRAM get loaded, around 3.5GB it slows drastically. Also, run the memory burn at different vRAM settings).

PMSL

How does your response fix my problem??

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

While it's not the same games, Assassin's Creed Unity and Shadow of Mordor are unplayable for me with the 970 playing at 1080p.

You must be having some pretty high standards. I don't know about AC:U, but Shadow of Mordor runs great (medium textures, rest on high) on my r9 285.

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-

You must be having some pretty high standards. I don't know about AC:U, but Shadow of Mordor runs great (medium textures, rest on high) on my r9 285.

Some people think that playable can be defined as '30FPS on ultra'. For people like me who've had to stick with really low end laptops and desktops for 12 years, 640x480 at minimum settings is fine as long as the damn game doesn't lag or stutter.

PMSL

I should have phrased it better. Frame rate isn't the issue, although it was does have some major dips at times. The main issue is the stuttering every few seconds. This really degrades the experience for what should be two really fun games.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

(^◡^)っ✂

Those videos are using two 970 cards in SLI, so they're doesn't really say anything.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Do you have VSync on? For some reason on BF4 and all battlefields for me I have to turn off VSync or it just f**ks up and stutters like a mother.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Are other GTX 970 users have these same issues? Both BF4 and GTA V are running great on my GTX 980. It's the same driver.

Runs fine for me.

vRAM usage? (for those that think it can't be noticeable, run the '3GB' memory burn in msi kombuster and watch the vRAM get loaded, around 3.5GB it slows drastically. Also, run the memory burn at different vRAM settings).

The drivers manage the last .5GB, games won't use it. Only synthetic benchmarks do.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

How does your response fix my problem??

My response shows that not every1 is having your problems with gtx 970 and you can play those games perfectly fine.

Those videos are using two 970 cards in SLI, so they're doesn't really say anything.

I can make them with one gtx 970 but are you srsly thinking that 2 cards in sli makes games run more stable with less shutters?

I can make them with one gtx 970 but are you srsly thinking that 2 cards in sli makes games run more stable with less shutters?

Its possible, you might have to wait a month or 2 before Rockstar smooths out GTA 5 before using SLI again.

PMSL

My response shows that not every1 is having your problems with gtx 970 and you can play those games perfectly fine.

Mind telling me how I can fix it then? I would really like to play Assassin's Creed, it's the only reason I bought this card.

I saw earlier in the thread that someone got a full refund on Newegg.

Fucking lucky. I got it at Christmas and when the memory fuckup got leaked, I asked for a full refund. Newegg told me I had to talk to the subvendor, which would be MSI for me. They never responded to me. It's bullshit. I don't give a fuck if it was a "miscommunication" between their fuckwit departments, it's false advertising. I paid for a 4GB card and I got a fucking piece of shit gimped card that struggles to run my games at 1080p. At that point, this card just might have something wrong with it, i.e. it's defective, but I hate it so much already I just want to get rid of it and buy an R9 290x instead with a full refund. But noooo Newegg has to be Jewish and not give me a refund. I hate this shit so much.

(OOC) [Legend] Vladimir Makaroni: is smelling meth with my new oculus rift a valid reason to warrant a meth lab

I saw earlier in the thread that someone got a full refund on Newegg.

Fucking lucky. I got it at Christmas and when the memory fuckup got leaked, I asked for a full refund. Newegg told me I had to talk to the subvendor, which would be MSI for me. They never responded to me. It's bullshit. I don't give a fuck if it was a "miscommunication" between their fuckwit departments, it's false advertising. I paid for a 4GB card and I got a fucking piece of shit gimped card that struggles to run my games at 1080p. At that point, this card just might have something wrong with it, i.e. it's defective, but I hate it so much already I just want to get rid of it and buy an R9 290x instead with a full refund. But noooo Newegg has to be Jewish and not give me a refund. I hate this shit so much.

Your piece of shit CPU OC is what is holding you back.  Good luck switching to a 290x and having the same problems.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Your piece of shit CPU OC is what is holding you back.  Good luck switching to a 290x and having the same problems.

According to his signature his CPU isn't overclocked (3.4GHz is base for i5-4670ks)? Or does OC mean something different in this case?