Farcry 3 still worth getting?

Tony.C

Hi Everyone!

So recently.. I just saw that steam has a sale on FarCry 3 for about 8 bucks.. I had recently built a new pc with a gtx 970.. and the only game I find myself playing is dota 2.. I wanna get other more demanding games for a decent price to justify my new build and was wondering if FarCry 3 is a good start.

Reading the reviews and looking at videos.. it looks great, but there seems to be a lot of complaints on the other engine ubisoft forces you to run the game on.

Thoughts?

Great game. Get it as fast as possible.

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

YES. its AWESOME.

We all know that one scene don't we? I don't wanna spoiler it or anything but... daaaamn. :D

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

If I make the purchase, it will be off of steam.. and reading the reviews.. theres like a TON of ppl not recommending it because you have to do it through Uplay platform that ubisoft made mandatory. Some users claim that it doesnt even run. Can someone shed some light on this issue?

Uplay is really flaky but this game is more than worth the trouble.

YES. its AWESOME.

We all know that one scene don't we? I don't wanna spoiler it or anything but... daaaamn. :D

Is it the scene with the thing?!?! Dude I love that one!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Hi Everyone!

So recently.. I just saw that steam has a sale on FarCry 3 for about 8 bucks.. I had recently built a new pc with a gtx 970.. and the only game I find myself playing is dota 2.. I wanna get other more demanding games for a decent price to justify my new build and was wondering if FarCry 3 is a good start.

Reading the reviews and looking at videos.. it looks great, but there seems to be a lot of complaints on the other engine ubisoft forces you to run the game on.

Thoughts?

Yes, Far Cry 3 is a pretty decent game. I utterly hated the story and characters, though, but the gameplay is good. :P Having to use Uplay on top of Steam is a little obnoxious, but it always "worked" fine whenever I used it. I wouldn't let that turn you off of the game.

YES. its AWESOME.

Is it the scene with the thing?!?! Dude I love that one!

You mean... the poker with Hoyt, or the scene at the end when you choose the 'bad' side?

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

one more thing is that I dont have a controller right now. Is playing on the mouse and keyboard fine? is it better with the controller? 

Ive pretty much decided to buy it lol

It's worth a shot, especially for that low of a price. It took me awhile but I eventually ended up beating the game. I felt like the second half of the story wasn't nearly as good as the first half, and if you've play it you'll probably find yourself where the falling point is. Story aside though, it's a game you can easily get 10-20 hours out of just messing around, and the graphics are still gorgeous.

You mean... the poker with Hoyt, or the scene at the end when you choose the 'bad' side?

The poker is cool too but i mean a different one.

one more thing is that I dont have a controller right now. Is playing on the mouse and keyboard fine? is it better with the controller? 

Keyboard+mouse master race.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I played it on a keyboard and a mouse, no problems at all.

Project Pluto

FREAKING awesome game!!!!! get it N.O.W.

Processor: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.6GHz w/ 1.27v | Gpu: ASUS GTX 980Ti Strix | MoBo: ASUS Maximus Gene VII | Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz | Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D | PSU: Corsair AX860i | Cooling: Corsair H100i + 4 Corsair SP 120mm fans | Keyboard: Logitech K800 | Mouse: Logitech Anywhere | Storage (OS):Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Mass storage: WD Green 2TB + WD Blue 500GB + 1TB | Monitor: ASUS PB27Q  | Sound: Edifier C11 + Sennheiser RS 175

Buy it. Better then FC4 IMO. And that sexy ending tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Thanks for your time and advice guys! I bought the game for 7.50 

Have fun playing it!

Project Pluto

Yes it's worth it, I don't remember experiencing any issues with Uplay. I personally prefer play shooting games with a mouse and keyboard.