ACX cards in SLI...

aduman

Hi, I have two 780 Ti Classified cards in SLI and they tend to cook each other all the time. I was originally planning to watercool them, still do but some stuff happened and I just don't have the budget right now. Can you guys recommend a proper fan setup for my situation? The case is a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe btw. There is a Corsair H90 rad on the back of the case and the rad fan is an exhaust.

How does the ACX cooler work? Does it intake from the back of the case? I don't get any exhaust when I place my hand on the back of the cards.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Forgot to add, current fan setup: Two Phanteks 140mm fans on front as intake, Two Corsair AF120s on top as exhaust and the H90 rad fan on back as exhaust

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

The ACX cooler just dumps air to the side. To improve thermals get a good set of silent airflow fans intaking cool clean air through the front of the case and then remember to have sufficient exhaust for the rear or top of the case for the hot air to then move out of.

HydrOS (Waterworks 3.0) Pictures: // One // Two // Three

i7 5820k @ 4.3GHz (1.165v) // Asus X99-A // 16GB-DDR4 Vengeance 2400 CAS13 // RAID 0 Intel 730 240GB // Nvidia Titan X (+200Core +500Memory) // Swiftech D5 // ASUS ROG SWIFT

I'd suggest making sure the cards are as separated as possible from each other,

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The ACX cooler just dumps air to the side. To improve thermals get a good set of silent airflow fans intaking cool clean air through the front of the case and then remember to have sufficient exhaust for the rear or top of the case for the hot air to then move out of.

That's actually exactly how I have my fans set up right now: Two Phanteks 140mm fans on front as intake, Two Corsair AF120s on top as exhaust and the H90 rad fan on back as exhaust. But apparently this is not a good setup. :(

I'd suggest making sure the cards are as separated as possible from each other,

They are. My current Maximus V Formula mobo allows for a decent amount of space between them.

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

lol I have the same problem :) 

I have 2 asus 780 ti's right beside each other in the Thermaltake core v21 with 2 fans blowing directly on them and the top card is still hitting 90C with no oc. Watercooling is really the only solution to the problem unfortunately. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

lol I have the same problem :)

I have 2 asus 780 ti's right beside each other in the Thermaltake core v21 with 2 fans blowing directly on them and the top card is still hitting 90C with no oc. Watercooling is really the only solution to the problem unfortunately. 

Sorry to hear that. :( I think we can still manage on air with a good fan config but the forum is not interested in my thread right now lol

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sorry to hear that. :( I think we can still manage on air with a good fan config but the forum is not interested in my thread right now lol

Ya I've had that happen before

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)