GTX 760 SLI

FroMan641
Go to solution Solved by Lord_Karango17,

Ok, so I want to upgrade my pc, I saw that the GTX 970 and GTX 760 SLI both preform similar. If I have a 760, and another 760 is 180-200$ I want to go sli, but idk exactly how sli work. For example, I have a EVGA GTX 760, if I get the EVGA SC GTX 760, will it Work? If I got a whole different brand of 760 would that work? Finally would 750w PSU be enough? Thanks for the Help!

2 760s are very good on paper ( I used to have them, and they outperform my 780ti right now at nearly 1300mhz), but sli profiles, and scaling will inevitably bite you in the ass at one point or the other.

Thats one of the main reasons i moved to a single card, as its one thing being good in synthetics, but it is a whole other thing to give a consistent gaming experience. 

Ok, so I want to upgrade my pc, I saw that the GTX 970 and GTX 760 SLI both preform similar. If I have a 760, and another 760 is 180-200$ I want to go sli, but idk exactly how sli work. For example, I have a EVGA GTX 760, if I get the EVGA SC GTX 760, will it Work? If I got a whole different brand of 760 would that work? Finally would 750w PSU be enough? Thanks for the Help!

The 760 and 970 don't perform similarly at all, the 970 is far ahead.

But yes, you can SLI any two 760s from any brand, as long as they have the same amount of memory.

970 performs way better than a 760.

he said 760sli and 970 non sli perform similar

The GTX 760 in SLI would match the GTX 780 Ti in performance in most cases, so it's likely a bit faster than the 970, but you could encounter VRAM limitations depending on the resolution.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I'm pretty sure he edited that in just now :P

Yep haha messed that up :)

2 760s are very good on paper ( I used to have them, and they outperform my 780ti right now at nearly 1300mhz), but sli profiles, and scaling will inevitably bite you in the ass at one point or the other.

Thats one of the main reasons i moved to a single card, as its one thing being good in synthetics, but it is a whole other thing to give a consistent gaming experience. 

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd