Questions Regarding GTA V

Jubro

Greetings everyone,

I recently came across the pc version of GTA V, and I was wondering if it was worth buying. I already own the console version (PS3), and was satisfied. I was mainly interested in playing online, but I have also read reviews that it's not quite worth getting since Rockstar is currently fixing the servers from hackers and such. 

I always wanted to know what's the difference between the Rockstar version and the steam version? Buying it from steam or buying it directly from Rockstar's site.

My last questions was it if was worth getting it from another site those two listed above? A site that sells keys?

Thanks alot.

Greetings everyone,

I recently came across the pc version of GTA V, and I was wondering if it was worth buying. I already own the console version (PS3), and was satisfied. I was mainly interested in playing online, but I have also read reviews that it's not quite worth getting since Rockstar is currently fixing the servers from hackers and such.

I always wanted to know what's the difference between the Rockstar version and the steam version? Buying it from steam or buying it directly from Rockstar's site.

My last questions was it if was worth getting it from another site those two listed above? A site that sells keys?

Thanks alot.

playing now, haven't seen any hackers

playing now, haven't seen any hackers

Damn hackers, hopefully they don't ruin the game.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Damn hackers, hopefully they don't ruin the game.

lol, i cheated a fair share on ps3. Money carried over ;)

SNIP

Its really up to you, I never got the console version so its all new to me, the online is really good, I have played it for the last 2 nights and had no issues at all, it runs flawlessly and very fun :)

there is no difference really, I got the steam version but you still do everything the same way, its just a different way of buying it

key sites are buy at your risk

lol, i cheated a fair share on ps3. Money carried over  ;)

sigh

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

lol, i cheated a fair share on ps3. Money carried over ;)

Damn, there are hackers on Consoles already.... I don't know about PC..... It's easier to hack on PC version.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Damn, there are hackers on Consoles already.... I don't know about PC..... It's easier to hack on PC version.

just don't lose you invisible car and it will be ok.

Its really up to you, I never got the console version so its all new to me, the online is really good, I have played it for the last 2 nights and had no issues at all, it runs flawlessly and very fun :)

there is no difference really, I got the steam version but you still do everything the same way, its just a different way of buying it

key sites are buy at your risk

Okay, thanks. It's just most of my friends have bought it on steam and would buying it trough Rockstar's site eliminate my chances of joining them? Or can I just set-up GTA is an app trough steam so it functions as a steam? :)

I have a question too.

What kind of activities you do in online mode? Is it role playing gaming?

Playing online, meh.

I can't even do proper jobs, people quitting and failing and not communicating at al..

Might just play the singleplayer instead of online.

I'd say it's worth getting. It's a good port performance wise, although Rockstar have gone crazy with using every key on the keyboard (seriously, the game uses the page up key). 

Haven't seen many hackers around really. There's obviously the ones that give themselves a load of money, so there's level 3s driving around in 2million dollar cars. 

Haven't seen many hackers around really. There's obviously the ones that give themselves a load of money, so there's level 3s driving around in 2million dollar cars. 

I really hate someone who's hacking to get money and get expensive stuff then he/she shows it off to others to look like a pro. Damn....

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

Ok, several things. Getting this is entirely up to you. But I have not encountered any hackers. Others have. You may not. That's online for you. I bought off of steam. Although I can see when my friends are playing the game, it doesn't have a way for you to join there game. Social Club is what GTA 5 uses to allow players to join friends games and such. If you bought from Rockstar, your friends just wouldn't see you as playing the game and the achievement or hours you put in. That's up to you.

I assume by other sites you mean g2a? If so, if you want to save a few bucks go ahead. You should be able to find a steam key on those sites, so you get to save some money and use steam at the same time.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

Ok, several things. Getting this is entirely up to you. But I have not encountered any hackers. Others have. You may not. That's online for you. I bought off of steam. Although I can see when my friends are playing the game, it doesn't have a way for you to join there game. Social Club is what GTA 5 uses to allow players to join friends games and such. If you bought from Rockstar, your friends just wouldn't see you as playing the game and the achievement or hours you put in. That's up to you.

I assume by other sites you mean g2a? If so, if you want to save a few bucks go ahead. You should be able to find a steam key on those sites, so you get to save some money and use steam at the same time.

Thank you. I looked at g2a and they're steam GTA 5 key was even more expensive on what they sold on steam. So I think I might just buy it off of steam. The main reason I was wondering was because I thought that somehow you could link your social club to your steam? But that perhaps isn't possible? 

I think the physical Rockstar version is bug free, steam users have encountered a lot of problems. I have just encountered 1 sudden close of the game.

If you go to your social club account and go to settings, click on linked accounts and you can link your steam there. For me, it worked but for some reason when I go to add them from my linked accounts, it doesn't let me. Maybe someone else has a better solution for this.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift