premier uses gpu acceleration? (amd)

samiibnjamil

I am running a amd r7 265 gpu... And was willing to know does adobe premier,photoshob,after effects use amd gpu acceleration with amd cards? My cpu is i7 4790k

I know CC does and I believe CS6. it's OpenCL

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I already have a good cpu i7 4790k will the gpu increase or decrease{bottle neck] the rendering time?

I already have a good cpu i7 4790k will the gpu increase or decrease{bottle neck] the rendering time?

ya.... premier uses gpu acceleration... if you have better gpu your rendering time will be goes down.......i dont know about AMD card .... but my GTX card gives me better performance at rendering ..... i think AMD do the same....... bt my opinion Nvidea cards gives better performance for premier and adobe products.....

in CC my rendering time x2 decreased by enabling GPU acceleration.....................

And i Saw with a better Quadro Card it will rendering in real-time (According to your project).........

ya.... premier uses gpu acceleration... if you have better gpu your rendering time will be goes down.......i dont know about AMD card .... but my GTX card gives me better performance at rendering ..... i think AMD do the same....... bt my opinion Nvidea cards gives better performance for premier and adobe products.....

in CC my rendering time x2 decreased by enabling GPU acceleration.....................

And i Saw with a better Quadro Card it will rendering in real-time (According to your project).........

Please don't say stuff like this blindly. You say "i dont know about AMD card" and then "i think AMD do the same" and " bt my opinion Nvidea cards gives better performance for premier and adobe products."

What is your opinion based on?

I don't find that post very helpful that's all.

To OP:

It seems that all programs mentioned above do use openCL: 

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/05/improved-gpu-support-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cc.html

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2012/05/gpu-cuda-opengl-features-in-after-effects-cs6.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cs6-gpu-faq1.html

So your card should decrease the rendering times :)

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

Please don't say stuff like this blindly. You say "i dont know about AMD card" and then "i think AMD do the same" and " bt my opinion Nvidea cards gives better performance for premier and adobe products."

What is your opinion based on?

I don't find that post very helpful that's all.

To OP:

It seems that all programs mentioned above do use openCL: 

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/05/improved-gpu-support-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cc.html

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2012/05/gpu-cuda-opengl-features-in-after-effects-cs6.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cs6-gpu-faq1.html

So your card should decrease the rendering times :)

Sorry for that :) :) :) :) :)

No i have used Amd for editing bt not for rendering... that's why i told it still i dont have have clear Ideas About AMD...its my personal experience.. I tested many Gpus for Premier with my Friend (i used only Nvdia and my friend does AMD) AMD is bettr for After effects And 3D Stuffs...GTX and Quadros better for Premier Because of the CUDA Cores....According to us....

And also Search for workstations for Adobe Products And 3D modling and rendering.....Most of the workstations are goes with Adobe Products are Use Quadros..And for 3d Stuffs ...AMD Firepros...........

Surely what ever Dedicated GPU you have its gives at-least singe second of decreasing your rendering time....

Correct Me if I Wrong ........................... :)

Sorry for that :) :) :) :) :)

No i have used Amd for editing bt not for rendering... that's why i told it still i dont have have clear Ideas About AMD...its my personal experience.. I tested many Gpus for Premier with my Friend (i used only Nvdia and my friend does AMD) AMD is bettr for After effects And 3D Stuffs...GTX and Quadros better for Premier Because of the CUDA Cores....According to us....

And also Search for workstations for Adobe Products And 3D modling and rendering.....Most of the workstations are goes with Adobe Products are Use Quadros..And for 3d Stuffs ...AMD Firepros...........

Surely what ever Dedicated GPU you have its gives at-least singe second of decreasing your rendering time....

Correct Me if I Wrong ........................... :)

It is possible that some of those purpose built Premiere workstations you've seen online, with Quadros, use those cards specifically because older versions of Premiere ONLY supported Cuda acceleration with selected Quadro models. Sure, you could manually edit the config files for Premiere to force Cuda acceleration with other GeForce GTX cards, but by default it was Quadro only.

As for which cards are faster for OpenCL, I would imagine that it depends on the individual software implementation, and also on which of the two GPU manufacturers bribed the software company the most. If you have a high-ish end graphics card though, it will most likely speed up rendering noticeably compared to CPU only. With a R7 265 though? Hmmm, not sure.

It is possible that some of those purpose built Premiere workstations you've seen online, with Quadros, use those cards specifically because older versions of Premiere ONLY supported Cuda acceleration with selected Quadro models. Sure, you could manually edit the config files for Premiere to force Cuda acceleration with other GeForce GTX cards, but by default it was Quadro only.

As for which cards are faster for OpenCL, I would imagine that it depends on the individual software implementation, and also on which of the two GPU manufacturers bribed the software company the most. If you have a high-ish end graphics card though, it will most likely speed up rendering noticeably compared to CPU only. With a R7 265 though? Hmmm, not sure.

I still think the 265 is strong enough to make a difference. The only way to know is to render the same thing with and without the GPU, so OP, if you're willing to do this experiment, please let us know what happens :)

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

I still think the 265 is strong enough to make a difference. The only way to know is to render the same thing with and without the GPU, so OP, if you're willing to do this experiment, please let us know what happens :)

It is possible yes, seeing as graphics cards are particularly good at that type of work. Would be interesting to know exactly how powerful of a card is needed to get a good boost in rendering speeds.

I have teated that.... without gpu accelartion 1080p 1 houre video with h264 for me 7 - 8 hours..

but with its up to 4-5 hours

the project was heavily edited...

(because of some recording errors.....)

I have teated that.... without gpu accelartion 1080p 1 houre video with h264 for me 7 - 8 hours..

but with its up to 4-5 hours

the project was heavily edited...

(because of some recording errors.....)

But with what GPU..?

GTX 650... i know its not a fine gpu for premier... but still power full as my cpu (Intel G620)

( *I know Both are entry level that's why its goes up to 5 hours for one hour project )