Console to PC (so far)

Still not gonna watch videos, I look from REPUTABLE benchmarkers, not shit youtubers looking for subs -

And I look at game performance, not benchmarks.

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Okay. 

Personally I hate AMD graphics drivers

Looks very even to me.  Nvidia wins some, AMD wins some, but overall very close.  Also that BF4 result has to be thrown out because they are using two different maps.  They also fail to test games like Shadow of Mordor and GTAV which use more than 2GB of VRAM at 1080p, which is where the 280 will outperform.  Also while costing $50 less.  Not to mention 3GB of VRAM will keep the GPU relevant for longer.  By going with 2GB of VRAM, you handicap yourself down by one graphics detail setting from the start, instantly decreasing the longevity of the card.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

It does not, who told you that?

My smooth GTA V gameplay told me that :)

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

And I look at game performance, not benchmarks.

Benchamrks as in "Game Benchmarks".

Did you even look at my pics?

@Faceman I need that huge wall of text that you posted a while back. The one that showed that the FX is not a good choice for budget.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

My smooth GTA V gameplay told me that :)

Oh yeah. Evidence?

I will look at performance from people who regulerly benchmark games.

My 9590 falls behind a 4690k which is cheaper to make....

Looks very even to me.  Nvidia wins some, AMD wins some, but overall very close.  Also that BF4 result has to be thrown out because they are using two different maps.  They also fail to test games like Shadow of Mordor and GTAV which use more than 2GB of VRAM at 1080p, which is where the 280 will outperform.  Also while costing $50 less.  Not to mention 3GB of VRAM will keep the GPU relevant for longer.  By going with 2GB of VRAM, you handicap yourself down by one graphics detail setting from the start, instantly decreasing the longevity of the card.

That's true. But if you're playing a game with settings hard enough to use 2gb VRAM, you probably shouldn't be using a 960 for it anyway. And he already bought the 960. They're about even in performance but I still choose the 960 over the 280 because like I said I hate AMD drivers

Benchamrks as in "Game Benchmarks".

Did you even look at my pics?

@Faceman I need that huge wall of text that you posted a while back. The one that showed that the FX is not a good choice for budget.

Who the hell said it was a good choice?

Who the hell said it was?

Nvm, I wrote the post wrong.

It was supposed to say "The FX is not a good series at all for gaming"

That's true. But if you're playing a game with settings hard enough to use 2gb VRAM, you probably shouldn't be using a 960 for it anyway. And he already bought the 960. They're about even in performance but I still choose the 960 over the 280 because like I said I hate AMD drivers

There you go again, bringing personal opinion into something that is scientifically tested.  You cannot do that.

"If you're playing a game with settings hard enough to use 2GB of VRAM, you probably shouldn't be using a 960 for it anyways." 

Terrible rationale when the R9 280 costs $50 less and performs the same, while having a longer life span.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Overall OP if none of this makes sense to you, If you can return your current CPU and motherboard you can buy a better CPU and motherboard for the same price. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KYHNP6 @Faceman in my region the 960 is the same price as the 280. IMO it's not worth returning the graphics card over

You will not be able to overclock on that motherboard.  Heck, you might even have problems running the FX6 at stock speeds on that mobo.

No and no. I'm running a FX 8320 on that board(sig build). If it can do it, a 6 core can too. The VRM is actually beefy on that board(4+1 phase is like cores, doesn't tell how much power it actually has), and mine runs cool at idle and warm under load(not a volcano).

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NLXff7
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NLXff7/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($113.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A (NFC Express Edition) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $358.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-15 19:10 EDT-0400

An R9 280X for $190, unbeatable.

Also, if you can afford an i5-4440, go for that over the i3, but the i3 is still much better than the FX processors, even the 8.

No and no. I'm running a FX 8320 on that board(sig build). If it can do it, a 6 core can too. The VRM is actually beefy on that board(4+1 phase is like cores, doesn't tell how much power it actually has), and mine runs cool at idle and warm under load(not a volcano).

You are extremely rare then, because it is almost unprecedented that it works. 4+1 is not beefy, its incredibly weak.  If you try and tell people that it works, I will report you because you are promoting false information.

Overall OP if none of this makes sense to you, If you can return your current CPU and motherboard you can buy a better CPU and motherboard for the same price. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KYHNP6 @Faceman in my region the 960 is the same price as the 280. IMO it's not worth returning the graphics card over

"In your region"

You live in the U.S.? Or some other place?

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NLXff7

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NLXff7/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($113.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A (NFC Express Edition) ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($54.99 @ Newegg)

Why does the NFC Express edition cost so much less?

I think i will stay as i am. Thank you though.

As i said my first build, i had fun making it. And i am playing just fine so far...

Call me a scrub but i won't change a thing.

Why does the NFC Express edition cost so much less?

$20 rebate going on right now.  Its an AMAZING deal.  If you are eventually planning on switching to Intel, might not be a bad idea to buy that thing now, because its basically a $150 mobo going for $50.

"In your region"

You live in the U.S.? Or some other place?

New York.

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Radeon-Display-PCI-Express-GV-R928WF3OC-3GD/dp/B00J41A5GK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429139558&sr=8-2&keywords=280

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Overclocked-GDDR5-Graphics-GV-N960WF2OC-2GD/dp/B00SD9KZA0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429139560&sr=8-2&keywords=960

EDIT: picked different coolers on that one sorry probably why it's the same price. Only one i could find on amazon that was in stock. The same cooler on the 960 makes it come to about $20 more than the 280

I think i will stay as i am. Thank you though.

As i said my first build, i had fun making it. And i am playing just fine so far...

Call me a scrub but i won't change a thing.

Thats fine, but If you run into crashes or random shut downs, chances are it is your motherboard's VRMs.

$20 rebate going on right now.  Its an AMAZING deal.  If you are eventually planning on switching to Intel, might not be a bad idea to buy that thing now, because its basically a $150 mobo going for $50.

z87 would work fine with an i5... tempting :D what exactly does NFC Express do differently than the other z97-a in the list I posted?

i wouldve grabbed an intel pentium g3258 personally.

the g3258 isn't a very good choice. though its overclocking ability is very high, two cores isn't really enough for gaming.

z87 would work fine with an i5... tempting :D what exactly does NFC Express do differently than the other z97-a in the list I posted?

It will work fine with anything Haswell.  For Haswell refresh/Devil's Canyon, you would need a BIOS update though, and that requires a Haswell chip.  Haswell to Devil's Canyon is nothing though, its the same architecture and everything, so you could just buy an i5-4670k + that mobo and be solid.

the g3258 isn't a very good choice. though its overclocking ability is very high, two cores isn't really enough for gaming.

two cores is enough for gaming actually itd destroy that amd cpu easy especially since the intels raw power of each core is definetly greater. but problem with some games even launching sadly.

askdjfasdf