Console to PC (so far)

The console-to-PC argument has turned into moot points for the console on basically all sides. Scrapyard Wars showed us that. The power-to-cost ratio is now so wide that the consoles are being outperformed handily by $100 graphics cards. Anyone with a regular consumer desktop that has an i3 or i5 can just grab themselves a 7870 online and they'll beat the consoles hands-down. The consoles can't even win against a 5-year-old GTX 480 that is underclocked to 405MHz! if that isn't an admission that the consoles are far underpowered, I don't know what is. the 7870 in my last build cost me $90. The next-gen consoles still cost upwards of $400, that's not even including any games!

Consoles will die a painful and moderately quick death. In the next couple of years, once the mid-range 7970 gets to the $150 mark, the console will be completely, completely useless.

A i3 4150 and a R9 280 would have been better, for the future, and now. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I do plan on overclocking (very carefully) as soon i get a proper heat sink, does the MOBO have anything to do with how much i can overclock the CPU?

Pfft no need to be careful.  GO ALL THE WAY! I immediately went to 4.8Ghz on my i7 3770K Didn't end to well though.... I AM KIDDING! DO NOT DO WHAT I DID!

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Just a note with this Video, they were using a 5960X. (And not pointed at you lukky)

AMD Cores on the FX range are pretty crap, so more is not better. 

Just a note with this Video, they were using a 5960X. (And not pointed at you lukky)

AMD Cores on the FX range are pretty crap, so more is not better. 

nope wasnt the point of the video was to show performance of dual quad six and 8 core performance on the intel platform and hyperthreading vs no hperthreading.

askdjfasdf

nope wasnt the point of the video was to show performance of dual quad six and 8 core performance on the intel platform and hyperthreading vs no hperthreading.

But people are going to take it as. "8 cores is better than 4, which means the FX is better than an i5"

Pfft no need to be careful.  GO ALL THE WAY! I immediately went to 4.8Ghz on my i7 3770K Didn't end to well though.... I AM KIDDING! DO NOT DO WHAT I DID!

So what you really mean is, Your 3770k happened to be DOA and you sent it back...

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

So what you really mean is, Your 3770k happened to be DOA and you sent it back...

Yes. Actually it still works great. The motherboard on the other hand... Not so much. Gets the occasional BSOD but other than that works fine :) Good thing is I had enough money for my new 4790K and Hero motherboard, and I also had a spare Z77 Extreme4 motherboard I can sell C: 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

I did the same with my 4790K though too, I just bumped to to 4.7 and it seems to be working :) I have 2 year unlimited warranty on these parts though so why be careful am I right? Am I? Because that's how I see it.... 

Current PC: 

Yes. Actually it still works great. The motherboard on the other hand... Not so much. Gets the occasional BSOD but other than that works fine :) Good thing is I had enough money for my new 4790K and Hero motherboard, and I also had a spare Z77 Extreme4 motherboard I can sell C: 

My gawd I would kill for a 3770k. If I lived near you I'd be offering you money every day for that CPU :)

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

My gawd I would kill for a 3770k. If I lived near you I'd be offering you money every day for that CPU :)

Weeeell I don't need it anymore :) Works fine even after that overclock, I used it on my spare board and no blue screens nothing. Hit me up with a message, there is something called mail you know :)

Current PC: 

That's true. But if you're playing a game with settings hard enough to use 2gb VRAM, you probably shouldn't be using a 960 for it anyway. And he already bought the 960. They're about even in performance but I still choose the 960 over the 280 because like I said I hate AMD drivers

You hate AMD drivers? What does that even mean?

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

It's funny how the PC master race is toxic to everyone. ^_^

Instead of helping out a newbie just hating, oh well.

There are people who will hate and force their opinions onto you.

For the budget u had u did fine :) point is: do your games run 45-60 fps on 1080p ? If so then all that hate is irrelevant.

960 is great midrange GPU (I have 760 and I play any game just fine or even better than expected).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

It's funny how the PC master race is toxic to everyone. ^_^

Instead of helping out a newbie just hating, oh well.

dude you are fine you can change your setup or you can keep it the same as you will be able to run 1080p gaming just fine unlike consoles and you will be able to overclock and upgrade to a really good point down the road hold on and dont let anyone discourage you like this guy said

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

As a new builder myself i know that you are proud of your baby no matter what. So congrats on the PC. If you can return the Mobo and the CPU, do it, if not, Save up some money and in time sell them and get new ones. I was also working with limited budget, so i know how it is. Nice to have you on the PC side and on the forum : )

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590, ​CPU cooling Corsair H100i with Noctua PPC NF-F 120,  GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5, RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 8BG, PSU Corsair CS650M, SSD Intel 530 120GB, HDD WD Green 3TBCase Corsair Obsidian 750D, Display  BenQ XL2420Z, Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013, Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2013, Sound Razer Ferox, Headphones Razer Kraken Forged Edition.