[UK] AIO Printer for ~£50

Robin88

Hey guys, as the title says, I'm after an All-in-one printer for ~£50, I can go up to about £80 if the printer is really really good though.

I need one with wireless, although ethernet is fine if not, and it needs to have a very high quality scanner in it, as I've started getting into photograph repair and absolutely need a scanner with good colour accuracy and high dpi capture.

I currently have a HP 3055A that I was given from our lasses mum and it's scanner is really good, but as a printer it's absolutely effin' awful and extremely inconsistant to boot, it'll print a nearly perfect image one time with only slight striping on one edge, but the next photo will come out looking like it's being viewed from behind a venitian blind and with very obvious colour inaccuracy and it's making getting good prints absolutely impossible, it even does this with the same image printed on the exact same paper and I've done all the troubleshooting options about 4 times and there's been no improvement.

I want to avoid Epson if possible, and I'm relucatant to consider a HP printer unless someone can prove it gives good quality prints.

I'm not too bothered about how fast it prints or duplexing or fax capabilities as I don't need them, but if the printer has those features then that's fine, just note that they're not essential.

I like to think I know a fair amount of computer related stuff, but printer hardware isn't one of those subjects I know too much about (I really should learn though, I'm the go to guy for almost everything computer related for everyone I know) and I don't have much interest in them because they're generally awful and I've never had much luck with printers.

I've bookmarked the Canon Pixma MG5650 as a potential candidate as I can currently get that one for about £66, but if anyone has a better option then I'm all ears.

Thank you very much in advance :)

Edit.

I forgot to mention that I also need the printer to have edge-to-edge printing as I'm doing photo repair, and need that feature for photographs that I'll be printing off.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

Thanks for that, but I'd rather not buy a HP printer, I'm currently using one now and it's shite (excuse my french :D)

I've looked into it and it seems okay, but it doesn't have edge to edge printing unfortunately, and that actually is one feature I do need that I forgot to mention in my OP, I wish there was some way of just trying a printer out and seeing if it is up to snuff instead of hoping that the next one I get is actually any good, but alas life is not so convenient like that.

I admit my budget is incredibly tight, but as I said in the OP, I can stretch to £80 if I must, but the lower the better, and I'm reluctant to have another HP especially one that is below my current one in the product stack from them, as I've not had a good experience from it.

Thank you anyway, the help is much appreciated.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon