Has AI Suite III done good? Can I/Should I take it further?

Running ASUS AI Suite III's 5-Way Optimization Utility It was able to yield this overclock for a Core i5 4690k

BCLK: 100

Core 0: 47 (4.7GHz)

Core 1: 47 (4.7GHz)

Core 2: 46 (4.6GHz)

Core 3: 46 (4.6GHz)

Maximum Watts: 111.9 W

Maximum voltage: 1.276 V

Max Temperature: 65/-31(DTS) °C (for It's 2 min stress test)

The Chip is being cooled by a Cryorig R1 Ultimate.

I'm not sure if I should try to take this further, I have dabbled a little, and it seems this is pretty much it's stable max at this voltage. but should i raise the voltage, would the extra, maybe, 0.2-0.3 GHz difference be worth it?

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Running ASUS AI Suite III's 5-Way Optimization Utility It was able to yield this overclock for a Core i5 4690k

BCLK: 100

Core 0: 47 (4.7GHz)

Core 1: 47 (4.7GHz)

Core 2: 46 (4.6GHz)

Core 3: 46 (4.6GHz)

Maximum Watts: 111.9 W

Maximum voltage: 1.276 V

Max Temperature: 65/-31(DTS) °C (for It's 2 min stress test)

The Chip is being cooled by a Cryorig R1 Ultimate.

I'm not sure if I should try to take this further, I have dabbled a little, and it seems this is pretty much it's stable max at this voltage. but should i raise the voltage, would the extra, maybe, 0.2-0.3 GHz difference be worth it?

not bad, test for 4 hours with occt or intel burn test to see if its stable. 

It's good in terms of clock speeds, but I wouldn't trust an Auto OC utility with voltage. It's bound to be screwing your CPU against the wall.

@JebKerman

Asus Auto Tune/Auto Overclock is not a bad feature.  Its a good way to get a baseline of what your chip is capable of, then you can dial it in manually.  Your results are actually identical to the ones I got when I did it on my Asus Z87-A and i5-4670k.  The only bad thing was the LLC.

Here are some guides, but the most important thing to know going into overclocking is to keep an open mind.  Don't try and compare your results to others, just focus on getting the best result for your chip that you are comfortable with. Also, whenever you stress test, make absolutely sure that you set your voltage to manual before stress testing.  When you are done stress testing, revert back to adaptive voltage.  Failure to do so can cause overheating and overvolting which has the potential to damage your chip.  If you do everything as instructed, and keep a low voltage below 1.3v, you will be fine.

To start, do some research.  Understand what all of the terms mean, and wait to play with your settings until you understand everything.  I am here to help if you need it, I have the same motherboard manufacturer, and the same processor-ish(i5-4670k), but please become aware of what the different terms mean and where to find them.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33488-Maximus-VI-Series-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking

http://www.wikihow.com/Overclock-a-PC

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/overclocking/haswell-overclocking-guide/153447

http://www.overclock.net/t/1411077/haswell-overclocking-guide-with-statistics

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

Load Line Calibration, Why Overclockers Should Care

The LLC setting was the one setting that the Asus auto overclock does that is not good.  It sets it to the maximum value, which is not good, it causes vBoost(overvolting).  You want this set to 2-5 out of 8.

One thing is clear though, you have an amazing chip, and you should be able to dial in a really amazing overclock once you do it manually, or even leave it as it is.

I eventually did an undervolted overclock, 4.2Ghz @ 1.060v because I found that the games I play don't often need the extra horsepower, but it is there if I want it.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@Faceman

Well I finally got around to doing it. Aaand...I got pretty much exactly the same thing as AI suite did:

47x100 on all 4 (so a small improvement), but now it's all in the BIOS, even the fan settings.

I did have a very hairy moment when I tried adaptive voltage settings where the CPU ended up at 1.7V on boot for maybe 20 seconds while I switched it back to manual mode. After further research on adaptive voltage all seems to be well. with voltages between 0.7 and 1.27.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+