Must have Android Apps

werto165
I've been invested in the android eco-system for a few years now and I just want to share some apps that I've found to be really useful(for me, maybe you too), anyway here it goes(these are going to be some some what obscure ones): 

1. IFTTT( If this then that) 

The first app is really good, lots of "recipes", some of my favourite ones are, If a new screen shot then upload it to google drive, this is really handy when I need to help somebody out with their android phone or just show something, works seamlessly and quickly. 

Another recipe I like is if there is a free game on reddit.com/r/gamedeals it will send me an email, it's great for those deals that are gone quickly, easy to dismiss if you're not interested too. 

I'll just share one last one, it's about if I add a video to watch later it will send me an android notification, this can be really handy when occasionally forget that you added a video to watch later. 

Those are just a few, there are absolutely tons, the only real limit is your imagination. 

One that really gets my inner geek going is when you can get a spread sheet going for when the International space station goes overhead in your location. 

TL;DR IFTTT automates many tasks that could be tedious, with tons of community recipes for your ease. 

2. Cyanogen Mod calculator 

This one is really special my favourite feature of it has to be the matrix calculator, it's really quite amazing, really fast and functional. 

It supports many things such as graphing(sine, cosine, tangent functions you name it, cant do everything but it's pretty damn good) 

Decimal, binary and hexademical conversion calculators

Calculation history that seems to be unlimited.

It also supports a floating widget similar to what face book has with its chat heads.

0d332f1531.png5743f99a81.jpg

3. Wabbitemu 

This is basically a calculator emulator, it's not as nice in terms of the UI, as it's doing a whole calculator for example I have the TI-84 Plus C on my version and it's super, integration, differentiation, summation you name it. 

The beauty is if you don't like the calculator you can just download another and emulate it. All round great app. 

4. Desmos 

This is a really functional and superb app, it's a graphing calculator but much better in every aspect, interactive, with variables you can change with respect to time. Not much more to say about it really

5. Keep 

Keep is just a really well made reminder app, leave notes to refer to later or take a picture of something, take a voice memo, make a list, location reminders for specific tasks. UI is a strong point as its material design and just screams quality. 

6. VLC 

Just a really good all round player, well know on the desktop end and it's just as good for playing everything on the mobile end. 

7. Google play music 

Google play music is my go to app for all things music, it's really well designed such is will all the google apps. It has lots of different means to play, so when you open the app it says It's tuesday night  Play music For... 

Gives you a lot of different options from having friends over, unwinding , working out, bedtime and more. 

It's a lot like spotify but googleified, The main reason I use it over spotify is just flexibility, you can use your subscription for more than just one app, it works with YouTube too so it delivers offline, or even playing music in the background from youtube. 

If you're looking for a music app look no further. 

8. Appy Gamer/ Appy geek 

This app is as you guessed it for news, both on the gaming side and the technology side. Supports a night mode and a day mode so great in terms of functionality. You can customise your home screen for news, it's much like the 

windows phone tiles. 

A great source for both gaming and tech news as it scours all manner of different sites. I recommend this without a doubt. 

This is all for now, I will add some more if I come across any, this has taken quite a while to make, if you think I've missed some really good ones tell me and I will add them and I will format it in such a way so it's easier 

for those in the future looks for the "must have" apps. I didn't want to include games in this, however if you're looking for mobile games heres a few that I've enjoyed:

Rayman Jungle Run, Solar 2, Anodyne, Incredipede, LYNE, Leo's Fortune 

NightSky, Super hexagon, The Tiny Bang Story, Superbrothers: Sword and sworcery. 

There are some obvious ones: netflix, chrome, twitch, steam, reddit, youtube, but I didn't think there was a need to include them. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

What about SwiftKey?

derp, totally forgot about it, I use it everyday... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Power toggles

I've forgotten about that too, just that I haven't used it in such a long time with being on cyanogenmod for the past 2 years or so. 

I find File Commander also good aswell as CC cleaner.

What about SwiftKey?

Fleksy is much better than SwiftKey.

VLC is a bit meh. Has good playback and file compatibility but it really bugs me how it doesn't remember where you were in a video you were previously watching.

On topic:

Pushbullet is pretty good. Sends notifications to your desktop; allows transfer of links or other notes between devices.

Mizuu is nice too. It's basically a gui for local (or even network) videos and adds thumbnails, info about the film and actors, etc. Basically imagine a Netflix-esque gui for your own movies. Actual video playback is handed over to any player you like so you can use VLC or something else.

These are about my only essential apps I always install (and use) alongside stock apps.

nah it's got no swipe feature and the gif thing is rather crap on the apps i use (whatsapp/ normal messages) SwiftKey still numero-uno :)

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

nah it's got no swipe feature =/

you should give it a try. You will love it. I can give you one ;)

you should give it a try. You will love it. I can give you one ;)

Tried it out, not my cup of tea. The different gestures for deleting words and hiding bars etc is a nice touch but theres barely any emoji (dunno bout paid version) and as stated above about the gif's.... swiftkey does everything else better imo =/

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Tried it out, not my cup of tea. The different gestures for deleting words and hiding bars etc is a nice touch but theres barely any emoji (dunno bout paid version) and as stated above about the gif's.... swiftkey does everything else better imo =/

I am using the paid version and it has lot of emojis.

nah it's got no swipe feature and the gif thing is rather crap on the apps i use (whatsapp/ normal messages) SwiftKey still numero-uno :)

Fleksy is a great keyboard. However Swiftkey has better autocorrect and the swipe feature is massive for one handed use.

I tried Fleksy for a few days and the gestures were great, the large keys were great. But when I wanted to use the phone one handed and was forced to tap everything... Yeah no.. Deal breaker.