Connecting a "regular" watercooler to a graphics card

I would simply love to put a kraken/corsair/... water cooler on my graphics card but I simply do not understand how to put on one,

I know that you need a waterblock on your graphics card and all that stuff but do you need special coolers designed to handel this?

Because water coolers like the corsair h100i come only with cpu cooling block.

excuse me for bad english if you find an error please comment.

If you want to water cool your gpu you wil need to buy a radiotor a pump and a gpu block for your gpu. I think there are some ways to ghetto mount a h100 on a gpu but i would go costum. But like this it will not cool the vrm memory and stuff.

You have two options:

option 1: disassemble the cooler and fit it to a gpu block (full cover or core only)

Give up on this option, it's stupid and trashes the cooler.

option 2: find a way to mount the cooler block to the gpu core. Some modders make and sell brackets to fit them on. or you can try small cable ties.

You will need to buy heatsinks for the vram and power delivery (vrms) and sticky thermal tape/thermal glue to mount these.

If you want to water cool your gpu you wil need to buy a radiotor a pump and a gpu block for your gpu. I think there are some ways to ghetto mount a h100 on a gpu but i would go costum. But like this it will not cool the vrm memory and stuff.
So there's absolutely no way to do it besides going custom or having big chance of messing up your (example) h100i?

You could mount a gpu block (you will need to run your own tubes to it) to it but that can cause trouble if the pomp isnt strong enough (and you will void warranty if you do so) or option 2 of NRG still i thinkt the tubes would be to short if you want to mount it on top of your case both options are not pefect i would stick to air or go custom.

This guy sells brackets to mount any AIO on the market to a graphics card. He'll also do anything you want custom.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1237219/t...om-case-badges

I have an Antec 620 cooling my GTX 480; it never gets above 80 degrees under normal load (not furmark) and it's very quiet.

you get 80C but what kind of fan do you use on that 620? stock fan at max rpm?

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

This guy sells brackets to mount any AIO on the market to a graphics card. He'll also do anything you want custom.

I have an Antec 620 cooling my GTX 480; it never gets above 80 degrees under normal load (not furmark) and it's very quiet.

I use an NF-F12 at max RPM. IIRC, even at 1138mV, it doesn't get above 80C under normal load, so you could probably lower the RPM a bit on a lower power draw card.

i guess if you want less noise two fan in push pull could help reduce temp at lower speed

but wow that gtx 480 got a 300 watts tdp, it is crazy a 620 can cool that since cpus (3570k for example) got a tdp of like 80-100 watts

btw does this make the card 2 slot or it turns into a 3 slot card?

how much was the shipping cost for that bracket? (i know it s like 8$ for the adapter (rly cheap with h40 being 40$ at ncix atm))

lol I might do that instead of buying an accelero extreme cooler for like 90$

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

I was running push/pull for a while with some cheap fans I had for a while; I gained 2 degrees when I took off the second fan.

The GTX 480 can be cooled much more effectively than something like a core i5 because it uses 45nm transistors, so the surface area of the die is larger, so it can be cooled much more effectively.

The total cost on the basic bracket, including shipping to Canada, was $13. I was going to use a fan bracket, but taking the stock fan off of the GTX 480 heat plate is a PITA. I'm just using the stock heat plate, shroud and fan to cool the VRMs; it seems to work pretty well.

I would recommend that you keep the stock heat plate on the card to cool the VRMs; heat sinks with thermal tape or epoxy are often either near impossible to remove or can fall off during use.

You can use these in SLI, but the angle fittings on the tubing will be a bit of an issue, so mount the tubes on the side opposite the PCIe slots. Also, you will need to use a 15mm thick fan on the fan bracket, if you don't want to block the third PCIe slot past the card.

i got non reference 6950s (like 225 watts) so it should cool quite effectively ,

I idle at 56 C atm lol (xfx double D and msi twin frzr II) (56C for xfx and 40C for twin frzr)

if I want to cf I would probably be unable to use a fan anyway (would need a fan on the side pannel)

5+8$ doesn t sound that bad tho