[Scratch Build] ----- Parvum Toxic - X99 -----

Definitely go with the barrel. It's super unique. I'd put illumination for the radioactive logo thing so it lights up. Where are you going to put the rads (how many rads too)?

Thnx! The logo will be the reservoir and I think i'm going to put 2 slim 360mm radiators in the lower section of the case (it's divided horizontal in 2 sections)

• 3 weeks later...
OWbEh97.png

UPDATE #3

Hey guys! I received another package, this time it's one from Bitfenix!!

PSU

I didn't even know that Bitfenix made power supplies untill now but omg what does this PSU look good! The PSU also comes with a set of fully braided cables, wich are just stunning in my opinion. :D

Don't know if they are going to make a 1000W version but I already asked for it :thumb:

Fury%201_zpsqfdac9fu.png

Fury%202_zpstvr2kfa3.png

Fury%203_zpsel8lrlgg.png

Fury%204_zpsqqxn4psc.png

Fury%205_zpsbujylpdj.png

Fury%206_zpsdubfjmto.png

Fancontroller

The only flaw I can find, is the huge bundle with cables at the back of the fancontroller but it works just fine.

Recon_zpssyhnp9xt.png

Some extras

Sleeved sata cable

Sata_zps90fo1luh.png

LEDstrip 

Ledstrip_zpsvfvwyxnf.png

Still looking for someone/company that could make my case (the steel barrel itself), so if you know someone, please tell me!

Bart

• 8 months later...

ZF3S72Q.png

Update #4

Here we're again after being able to solve the problem with the sercurity breach. It was a pain in the ass to make and design the case but we're finally getting somewhere ...
I would also like to thank my new sponsor, Team Group, for providing me some DDR4 for this build Team Group Dark 16Gb 2800MHz
In the meantime I also bought a D5 with an EK top that will be polished.

Team Group Dark DDR4

38miZIU.jpg

zTZCV1U.jpg

mNIUs65.jpg

wD0vvMu.jpg

D5

WgFyKiE.jpg

5Dz0rUs.jpg

And finally the case

S1VvLOI.png

MhmKlcw.png

I had to tweak the design quite a lot but I think it will still look very nice. As you can see I also added a 5.25 in bay for the fancontroller. I now have to wait until Parvum will help me with the inside of the case. After waiting for a very long time, I´ve decided to make the case by myself. The lack of communication between me and Parvum has just been below average (in my opinion). I don't know if someone else has this problem to but it might be something to keep in mind?

Bart

• 1 month later...

Update #5

(I somehow forgot to post this on this forum)

After waiting for a very long time, I´ve decided to make the case by myself. The lack of communication between me and Parvum has just been below average (in my opinion). I don't know if someone else had/has this problem to but it might be something to keep in mind?

So let's move on with this build. Luckily I'm studying at a technical school that has the appropriate equipment to finish it. The things I've already made are the reservoir and a front panel. In the meantime I bought some acrylic and dam what do I love that glow …

FbJNHsi.jpg

nj7p0vX.jpg

Still have to polish the reservoir but I think it already looks awesome! The reservoir was CNC milled by a good friend of my. I used some 10mm thick clear acrylic form Evonik. The only downside was that the vacuum cleaner did not really do what it was supposed to do so the entire floor was covered with plastic snow.

G05mgZK.jpg

ERz6kNt.jpg

wP8P6ae.jpg

bYQyYm7.jpg

Te2ZJ77.jpg

The front panel was laser cutted at school. This is just a test panel to see if the measurements were correct therefore, it is made out of triplex (plywood?).

2GC2Q42.jpg

Yes the plate was a bit to small …
Up to the next update!

Bart

ZF3S72Q.png\

Update #6

Back at it again with another update :P Let me think what I have done since the last update … Oooh yes I remember now. I CNC milled the horizontal plate on which the motherboard will be placed. Unfortunately, the drill was worn down wherefore the holes don’t match anymore. I’ll have to order a new acrylic panel and replace this one but those are worries for later. The 24-pin cable will be replaced by that of Bitfenix.

TaSUHR4.jpg

10Ef38l.jpg

I love to see how the board is flush with the plate

v3nwI1z.jpg

I polished the pump top and reservoir but for some reason I didn’t make a picture of the reservoir … I still have to remove the remaining polishing paste.

rW6slac.jpg

DxdlyHz.jpg

In the meantime I designed a pc case holder or however you would like to call it. For those who want to know how I made it: I first made a rough sketch in Inventor 2016. Then I opened the same file in Autodesk 123d make. This program slices the object, you can set how many slices you want or at which angle it should be sliced and etc. Finally I got it cut with the laser cutter. I’m still thinking about finishing it but I do not know exactly how yet.

NDygZK3.jpg

ozkGruf.jpg

Someone also welded some metal rings on the outside of the case for me to secure the front and back panel later on. On the inside, we welded some support brackets to hold the acrylic horizontal plate.

oqql2Cv.jpg

And just some random pictures …

FZJuCJN.png

4Me5Luu.jpg