[Scratch Build] ----- Parvum Toxic - X99 -----

aOYXAaT.png
Banner created by @Rumikarimu
Welcome to my build log

This is my first buildlog ever so any comments/feedback will be very much appreciated. Link to original buildlog: http://www.overclock.net/t/1550820/buildlog-parvum/0_100

Who am I?

My name is Bart Kessels and I'm 17 years old. I study industrial sciences at school and my hobbies are building computers and designing stuff in inventor or other 3d programs. Apologize for any spelling and / or grammatical errors because English is not my native language rolleyes.gif

Components

Main components
Intel core i7 4770k --- Intel Core i7 5930K
Msi z87 MPower --- Asus X99 Deluxe
16 Gb ddr3 dominator platinum --- some ddr4
Msi gtx 780 Ti
Samsung 840 evo 250 Gb --- 2 x Plextor ssd m6s (sponsored)
2 Tb seagate HDD
corsair ax760i --- Bitfenix fury 750G (sponsored)
corsair h100i
some peripherals

Watercooling components
EK Supremacy Evo - Nickel, clear
EK Coolstream PE 360 (x2)
Bitspower fittings - matte black
Rigid tubing
EK FC780 GTX Ti - Nickel
Mayhems Pastel Sunset Yellow
Noiseblocker Eloop B12-P - 2000 rpm (x6)
Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro
Aquacomputer D5 with USB und Aquabus
Aquacomputer farbwerk (RGB leds) --- 4 x Bitfenix alchemy LED Strips 30cm (sponsored)

My design

The case is made in Inventor professional 2012 and rendered in Keyshot (nothing fancy but just to give you guys an idea). I love a yellow/black color sheme and have therefore chosen radioactive as theme. The case will be made by Parvum Systems but unfortunately I will have to wait until they will accept custom designs again. The case will be made from steel and acrylic. Why steel? Well because it looks good (Sponsored Parvum Senescentis) and it fits my theme because when I think about something that is radioactive, it reminds me of Chernobyl where there's a lot of rusty steel nowadays. The mid plate will be a lightbox and there will be a custom reservoir. There is a possibility that the components in the pictures don't correspond to the reality, this is due to the fact that I just downloaded them from grabcad.com as an example

The renders

Spoiler
Front

Parvum%20Intoxicated%20front_zpsdedbihrt

Left

Parvum%20Intoxicated%20left_zpszvbt7ry0.

Right

Parvum%20Intoxicated%20right_zpshvngn3sw

Parvum%20Intoxicated%20top_zpsmhtzkvic.j

Barrel%20Test.7_zpsqyjsjse6.png

Name of the project

Well I thought about Parvum Intoxicated but it would not fit with the concept. What do you think? Do you maybe know a nice name? I'm also still looking for that wow-factor, if you have an idea please let me know! 

Sponsor(s)

I am very pleased with the fact that this build will be sponsored. Thank you very much sponsor(s)

Noiseblocker

I would like to thank Mr. Niels Polenz for the fans that he will sponsor.

Bitfenix

I would like to thank Mr. Richard Prins for all the stuff that he and Bitfenix will sponsor.

Plextor

Thnx to Mr. Jeroen Schuurbiers we now have some awesome ssds !!

Pictures coming soon !!
I hope I can post a few updates soon!

Bart

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Coincedence? 

Not really, was already planning this build for a longer time.

Thnx

Coincedence? 

How is this at all a coincedence?

Wow they use the same case, like that's never happened before /s

ON TOPIC: Looks nice so far, subbed :D

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Well you seem to have some banners you're hopefully somewhat pleased with (Personally it doesn't really reflect the theme as well as a banner should), so I'll try not to advertise, but while I'm here I might as well try helping name the build.   :D

Key words:

Radioactive 

Toxic

Parvum

Chernobyl

780TI 

Potential combinations:

Parnobyl

780TOXIC

Radioarvum

I'm not too sure my recommendations are all that great, but I hope they inspire you! ;)

-- 

I tri-...Obligatory shop information!!

http://linustechtips.com/main/user/68881-rumikarimu/?tab=posts

If you're unsure, have a look at my portfolio, I'm sure I could whip something up to match your theme.  ^_^ 
http://imgur.com/a/yApKw

Well you seem to have some banners you're hopefully somewhat pleased with (Personally it doesn't really reflect the theme as well as a banner should), so I'll try not to advertise, but while I'm here I might as well try helping name the build.   :D

Key words:

Radioactive 

Toxic

Parvum

Chernobyl

780TI 

Potential combinations:

Parnobyl

780TOXIC

Radioarvum

I'm not too sure my recommendations are all that great, but I hope they inspire you! ;)

-- 

I tri-...Obligatory shop information!!

http://linustechtips.com/main/user/68881-rumikarimu/?tab=posts

If you're unsure, have a look at my portfolio, I'm sure I could whip something up to match your theme.  ^_^ 

http://imgur.com/a/yApKw

'Personally it doesn't really reflect the theme as well as a banner should' , I know it. I had some other ideas but I couldn't make something that looked nice and as for the name of the project ...

The problem is that I just don't have any inspiration 

'Personally it doesn't really reflect the theme as well as a banner should' , I know it. I had some other ideas but I couldn't make something that looked nice and as for the name of the project ...

The problem is that I just don't have any inspiration 

I'd love to help! I've thought of something I've done before that kind of fits into this theme.

post-20077-0-72347200-1406087829_thumb.p

Not only that, but rust and radioactive effects are easy enough to create. ;)

I'd love to help! I've thought of something I've done before that kind of fits into this theme.

post-20077-0-72347200-1406087829_thumb.p

Not only that, but rust and radioactive effects are easy enough to create. ;)

pm'd you, but go ahead! Surprise me

I can't see the pictures in full size :(

I made them larger, is that correct?

UPDATE #1

New sponsors and I bought myself a X99 motherboard with an 5930k for a very nice price !!

I like what you are going for, but it seems like it is really inefficient in terms of space.

Also, those are some really nice renders.

I like what you are going for, but it seems like it is really inefficient in terms of space.

Also, those are some really nice renders.

What could be done better then according to you?

What could be done better then according to you?

In this case it's really more of an observation, colored by my own preferences. Unfortunately, you seem to have thought out the layout already.

It's not bad at all, but just not my preference. Other than that, I do like it, and I'm certain it will be nice and shiny when done.

In this case it's really more of an observation, colored by my own preferences. Unfortunately, you seem to have thought out the layout already.

It's not bad at all, but just not my preference. Other than that, I do like it, and I'm certain it will be nice and shiny when done.

It's always great to hear someone's opinion  :D

I love the looks of those SSD's :D and that motherboard is marvelous 

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

I love the looks of those SSD's :D and that motherboard is marvelous 

Love them to and especially if they are in Raid 0

Teaser

X99%20deluxe%201_zpszwcpwb94.png

Plextor%20ssd%201_zpshscldrba.png

My eyeballs just fell out! BEAUTIFUL!!

subbed

My eyeballs just fell out! BEAUTIFUL!!

subbed

glad you like it

OWbEh97.png

UPDATE #2

Hey guys! I know its been a while since I posted, but I've been busy with school and stuff. Despite the busy week I could still receive some packages :thumb:

Ooh and what was it fun to unpack these!! So what did I receive? The Plextor ssds, my X99 motherboard, the Ram that I bought, the processor and the fans.

Once again I would want to thank my sponsors for realizing this project!

The fans

These fans are just awesome, I'm currently using them in my pc and ooh man what a difference! They are extremely quiet in comparison with the H100i stock fans and they even perform better :D

Noiseblocker%20fan%201_zpsmfkakz5q.png

Noiseblocker%20fan%202_zpsrhac3pj9.png

Plextor ssds

I have them in raid 0. Read speed is +/- 950 MB/s and write speed is +/- 630 MB/s. I also like the design of these ssds.

Plextor%20ssd%201_zpseawl1f5t.png

Plextor%20ssd%202_zpsjs9ldvgq.png

Asus X99 Deluxe

About the motherboard: it's a very nice and beautiful motherboard but I just hate the AI Suite 3 software OMG. Anyway, I would love to have seen some LEDs between the covers and the motherboard itself because you can barely see it in a dark case.

X99%20deluxe%201_zpsdz2jh4ju.png

X99%20deluxe%202_zpslmjfyym7.png

X99%20deluxe%203_zpspzfg67f4.png

X99%20deluxe%204_zpsokn9kns2.png

X99%20deluxe%205_zpszykpsoi9.png

I forgot to take some pictures of my processor and RAM as I needed them ASAP because I already sold my old processor ... 

My processor runs stable at 4.6 Ghz @1.3V (I'm still fine-tuning the voltage to).

Some other great news

Parvum systems said that they're just finishing up on a big order and that they could start the 14th of May with my custom case 

Can't wait ...

Ooh yeah, I could also mention that Parvum systems is running a limited 20% off sale on EVERYTHING. They ship worldwide!! www.parvumsystems.com/products

3b402495_QzIgjIN_zpsxxtzdkpm.jpeg

Hello guys

While searching true the forum and other sites, I realised that my case wasn't special at all ...(or at least in my opinion) About a week ago we went to an enterprise that recycles the nuclear waste in Belgium and that visit gave me some inspiration. The result?

Barrel%20Test.7_zpsqyjsjse6.png

What do you think? Should I change it to the barrel or stay with the cube version?

Bart