looking for a gaming mouse for Zion Os ( Linux )

Ridska

Ridksa here ,

I'm going to keep this short as possible .

I'm looking into buying a gaming mouse that is conpatable with any Linux os but if I have to be precise , it needs to work with the Zion OS . budget is max 35 e .

Please leave a comment below for you're suggestions.

Thanks and stay groovie

(⌐■_■) 

As a rule of thumb stay away from any mice that require the use of special software to get the most out of them.  Linux will have ways to enable some, perhaps all, the same features but it's unlikely to be as easy as running the OEM software that comes with many mice...  and getting said software to run in linux (properly) can equally be a pain.  I also recommend USB over wireless.  

Besides those two things the OS really doesn't make any difference.  The rest is up to your personal preference and there are dozens of options you might consider.

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

I got this mouse after reading about it here on LTT, I'll reboot into my ubuntu partition and check if it's fully functional.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DPC015E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: Confirmation that it works smoothly in Linux, no additional drivers needed. Might even work a bit better since the side buttons work in Chromium here on Linux, and not on the windows version of Chrome.

Lord of Helium.

As a rule of thumb stay away from any mice that require the use of special software to get the most out of them. Linux will have ways to enable some, perhaps all, the same features but it's unlikely to be as easy as running the OEM software that comes with many mice... and getting said software to run in linux (properly) can equally be a pain. I also recommend USB over wireless.

Besides those two things the OS really doesn't make any difference. The rest is up to your personal preference and there are dozens of options you might consider.

So what youre saying is that any mice will work for Linux ?

(⌐■_■) 

So what youre saying is that any mice will work for Linux ?

Pretty much, however if any of the mice come with a program along with it, you won't be able to use that.

Lord of Helium.

And no wireless mice, to be safe.

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system