Is Windows 7 OEM Version fine?

I bought a windows 7 OEM version for my new pc build because it was a lot cheaper. I read some facts on it and I am starting to think it was a bad idea.

Is Windows 7 OEM the same in performance, windows updates, security etc as a retail version of windows 7? I have looked at a couple things online but still dont have a full understanding.

Thanks for helping in advance.   

Yes the only real difference is that you can not call Microsoft for any issues as they only give support over the phone to retail users.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Yes the only real difference is that you can not call Microsoft for any issues as they only give support over the phone to retail users.

and you can only use the code once, if you rebuild your system, you will need a new license code, retail allows 3 times as a minimum. 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

and you can only use the code once, if you rebuild your system, you will need a new license code, retail allows 3 times as a minimum. 

say I wanted to reboot my pc to factory settings, would I still have windows? lol sorry im a noob when it comes to pcs

OEM versions of Windows typically do not include the fancy retail box or manuals. Product support from Microsoft will be limited if at all. Beyond that they are the exact same thing as retail.

As far as using the product key to perform a 'fresh' reinstall, I have done this once with my OEM version of Windows 8.1 (I installed Windows, screwed something up a few days later, and reinstalled Windows again with the same key).

You'll be fine, the only thing you will notice is the extra cash in your jeans.

Main Rig - i7 5930K // Corsair H100i // ASUS X99 Deluxe // Corsair Vengeance 16GB // Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB + 1TB // MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio // Corsair Obsidian 550D // Corsair HX850 // Acer Predator 1440p // Windows 10 x64

Only with branded OEMs. Rest of OEM copies act just like retail. I've changed mobo and and used same key. Same with friend who wnent from AMD to Intel. The trick is to activate it after install is complete.

say I wanted to reboot my pc to factory settings, would I still have windows? lol sorry im a noob when it comes to pcs

The windows need to be reactivated only when mobo is changed. All other types of fixing installs are fine to do. There's 10 reinstall limit but you can get more just by calling to them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv