Crossfire

Drackeo

Hey im just wondering.... IF i bought a used Radion 7950 off of Ebay would i beable to run it in crossfire with my r9-280x? Would i get any kind of performance increase? 

Consume The Darkness

No, sorry man, you can't.

Here's the AMD CrossFire chart that'll answer your question. :P

AMD_CrossfireX_Chart_1618W.jpg

Personally, I would just save up a bit more and get another R9-280X anyways.. It's the smarter option IMO.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

You live in the US? Buy this 7970 (rebranded to the name of 280x) for $140 http://www.mountainmods.com/xfx-double-fx797gtdfc-p-737.html?osCsid=00v6fmuc2n8mmklcgdepoh6lm4

and yes, it would work fine, but there will be 1ms of difference in frame rendering times if you did crossfire your 280x with a 7950. I don't know how amd smooths this out in their drivers, but I guess they do it good enough.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

No, sorry man, you can't.

Here's the AMD CrossFire chart that'll answer your question. :P

AMD_CrossfireX_Chart_1618W.jpg

Personally, I would just save up a bit more and get another R9-280X anyways.. It's the smarter option IMO.

This cart doesnt seem up to date..... idk

Consume The Darkness

Hey im just wondering.... IF i bought a used Radion 7950 off of Ebay would i beable to run it in crossfire with my r9-280x? Would i get any kind of performance increase? 

You can crossfire, but it's best if you got a 7970 or a 280x to CF with instead.

-Snipe-

Looks like that chart's outdated, it doesn't mention anything of the r9 2xx series. Also, it can crossfire with the 7950.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

You can crossfire, but it's best if you got a 7970 or a 280x to CF with instead.

Looks like that chart's outdated, it doesn't mention anything of the r9 2xx series. Also, it can crossfire with the 7950.

Yah i know im just looking for a cheep one that i can run in crossfire with to squeeze a few more fps. 

Consume The Darkness

Wait.. Wtf. You guys are right. I had it in a notepad, and I could've SWORN I updated it with the R9 series & all rebrands.. Well anyways, just google AMD CrossFire Chart. If you go to Images, from what I recall, It'll take you 30 seconds for the new chart.

Sorry, I would do this for you as I did already, but that's cuz I had it on a cloud file (i'm on a phone @ work, very limited activities :D)

Wait.. Wtf. You guys are right. I had it in a notepad, and I could've SWORN I updated it with the R9 series & all rebrands.. Well anyways, just google AMD CrossFire Chart. If you go to Images, from what I recall, It'll take you 30 seconds for the new chart.

Sorry, I would do this for you as I did already, but that's cuz I had it on a cloud file (i'm on a phone @ work, very limited activities :D)

LOL its not a problem :) thanks for the help though

Consume The Darkness

Of course @Drackeo , anytime.

Did you find the updated chart?

Of course @Drackeo , anytime.

Did you find the updated chart?

No chart like what you had when i searched it. But i did find listings that have the full crossfire compatibility.

Consume The Darkness

Did you buy a 7950 card yet on eBay? Any good deals.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Did you buy a 7950 card yet on eBay? Any good deals.

Im bidding for a few cards right now but nothing yet :)

Consume The Darkness

No chart like what you had when i searched it. But i did find listings that have the full crossfire compatibility.

Ok, that'll do the trick. Glad I could put you on the right path :P

Glad your questions answered!

Have a good one ~

EDIT:

Im bidding for a few cards right now but nothing yet  :)

By bidding, do you mean on eBay / auction?

Ok, that'll do the trick. Glad I could put you on the right path :P

Glad your questions answered!

Have a good one ~

Thank you again :) And you too!

Consume The Darkness

Im bidding for a few cards right now but nothing yet :)

Alright. Good luck on your bids.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.