OS talk for new pc

Colt_0pz

So i am gonna be building a new pc but, should i go to /r/microsoftsoftwareswap for keys or just buy retail? i am wanting to get windows 8.1. Or is there out write a cheaper way to get windows for my new pc?

So i am gonna be building a new pc but, should i go to /r/microsoftsoftwareswap for keys or just buy retail? i am wanting to get windows 8.1. Or is there out write a cheaper way to get windows for my new pc?

Go with mrjeffery on reddit, bought multiple keys from him and never had an issue. Plus it's $90 off retail. 

Try to get an OEM version of the windows you want, they are usually cheaper.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

OEM for $20? Good look with that. 

Go with mrjeffery on reddit, bought multiple keys from him and never had an issue. Plus it's $90 off retail. 

kk thx man

OEM keys typically aren't sold in hw swap stuff, as its dodgy to deal with.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

OEM keys typically aren't sold in hw swap stuff, as its dodgy to deal with.

Well no, when you buy one the way it works is very clearly explained on the sticker that keeps it closed.

The person that opens it is responsible for the key, and not longer the shop. Simple as that.

If you have issues activating, you give microsoft a call and they fix it, i had a bad key once and i just went through a 10-minute tape and it was fixed.

I have dealt with it multiple times in the past, and never got issues with it exept making a call now and then.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Is it this guy?

How come he gets this so cheap?

What is OEM?

OEM for $20? Good look with that. 

What do you mean with that?

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

What is OEM?

OEM are keys meant for companies that built pc's and sell them with windows installed.

It's meant for companies, but normal customers can buy them as well. The package of it isn't as nice as a retail one, but that's it. A key is a key soo...

Is it this guy?

How come he gets this so cheap?

What do you mean with that?

They buy them in bulk from dealers around the world, they are all genuine keys. And OEM keys typically are not that cheaper that retail... Maybe $30 or so off but they're still pretty expensive. 

They buy them in bulk from dealers around the world, they are all genuine keys. And OEM keys typically are not that cheaper that retail... Maybe $30 or so off but they're still pretty expensive. 

My link is the guy you talked about, right?

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

My link is the guy you talked about, right?

Yes, although the other sellers are the same I believe. They're just purchased in bulk from cheap sellers around the world, then sold on for dirt cheap but all above board. I've purchased a  Windows 7 key and Microsoft Office key and both worked fine and were genuine.