Expanding Partition In Win8?

SilentKiller

e922a2fc9b.png

I needed some more space on my "Secondary Drive" for more games (GTA V). So, I shrunk my "Win7" partition (as I now boot off of Win8 on an SSD) and would like to add that new unalocated space to my "Secondary Drive". However, when I try to extend the "Secondary Drive", I get the following error:

The operation you selected will convert the selected basic disk(s) to dynamic disk(s). If you convert the disk(s) to dynamic, you will not be able to start installed operation systems from any volume on the disk(s) (except the current boot volume). Are you sure you want to continue?

How can I add that 200GB to my "Secondary Drive" while still maintaining my ability to boot off of the "Win7" Partition?

Thanks for all your help!

My boss explained this to me a couple of days ago.

I believe the general idea is unallocated space needs to be to the right of the partition you want to expand. Otherwise you need to boot into some fancy mode to do it rather than onto Windows.

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

That's what I've been trying. And like I said in my original post, I get the following message:

The operation you selected will convert the selected basic disk(s) to dynamic disk(s). If you convert the disk(s) to dynamic, you will not be able to start installed operation systems from any volume on the disk(s) (except the current boot volume). Are you sure you want to continue?

And I DO want to be able to boot from the Win7 partition on that drive.