C#.net NOOB help

HI guys I'm very new to coding and stuff and currently I'm learning to use C#.net in Microsoft visual studio from Barancules Codegasm.

So anyway I'm on his third video and I've followed exactly what he's done. This is to build a system monitor software by the way. For the love of the flying spaghetti monster i can't see what's wrong with this code! It says in the debug it's the line I've highlighted but i can't see anything wrong this is. At this stage all this software is doing is monitoring the cpu load in percentage. Thanks in advance.

using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.Linq;using System.Text;using System.Threading.Tasks;using System.Diagnostics;using System.Threading; namespace Jarvis{    class Program    {        static void Main(string[] args)        {            //this will pull the cureent cpu load in percentage            PerformanceCounter perfcpucount = new PerformanceCounter();             //infinite while loop            while (true)            {                Thread.Sleep(1000);                Console.WriteLine("CPU Load: {0}", perfcpucount.NextValue());            }        }    }}
Edited by colonel_mortis
Code tags

Sorry I'm really new to coding and software stuff, where and what does it do?

Hm actually Console.WriteLine does do formatting like that, so that should be fine.

You never actually said what was wrong with the code?

I run it, it crashes immediately. when i run the debug this is the message i get.

An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in System.dll

Additional information: Failed to initialize because CategoryName is missing.

HI guys I'm very new to coding and stuff and currently I'm learning to use C#.net in Microsoft visual studio from Barancules Codegasm.

So anyway I'm on his third video and I've followed exactly what he's done. This is to build a system monitor software by the way. For the love of the flying spaghetti monster i can't see what's wrong with this code! It says in the debug it's the line I've highlighted but i can't see anything wrong this is. At this stage all this software is doing is monitoring the cpu load in percentage. Thanks in advance.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.Threading;

namespace Jarvis
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            //this will pull the cureent cpu load in percentage
            PerformanceCounter perfcpucount = new PerformanceCounter();

//infinite while loop
            while (true)
            {
                Thread.Sleep(1000);
                Console.WriteLine("CPU Load: {0}", perfcpucount.NextValue());
            }
        }
    }
}

You need to add parameters - PerformanceCounter perfCPUCount = new PerformanceCounter("Processor Information", "% Processor Time", "_Total");

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Thank you Mo5 you've fixed it, just a little odd as it worked on Jerry's  :huh: