H100i without Corsair Link - using Asus Suite to control fans?

Go to solution Solved by Hanshin,

Yes, you can!

I am using a H100i ion a secondary build  and my radiator fans are plugged into my MB (CPU and CPU_OPT headers). 
You can monitor and control your fans from the bios then. The Asus suite is an option too!

You can also plug the fans in a fan controller/fan hub.

Hi Guys, I use H100i to cool i7-5960X overclocked on 4.5Ghz - used for Vray rendering jobs. Problem is Corsair Link software, it doesn't read temperatures of some components, like CPU, GPU... Terrible software! When I star render job, I need manually start balanced mod because custom temp curve for fan control doesn't work (probably Link can find CPU temp)

My question is, can I remove Corsair Link and use Asus Suite to control fans?! Asus Suite have ability to control all fans in PC and any fan can be connected to any temperature that program can read in PC.

I have found article about removing Corsair Link and using H100i without it, but I want to check with you, maybe someone else have experience with this?

Forum post http://goo.gl/YmVuUu

Yes, you can!

I am using a H100i ion a secondary build  and my radiator fans are plugged into my MB (CPU and CPU_OPT headers). 
You can monitor and control your fans from the bios then. The Asus suite is an option too!

Yes, you can!

I am using a H100i ion a secondary build and my radiator fans are plugged into my MB (CPU and CPU_OPT headers).

Thanks man!

I will try that in next few days,i can't wait to get rid of Corsair Link! :)

no need in using the AI suite to control the fan, you can use the UEFI fan control

options. AI suite makes the adjustments in the UEFI. no need in more bloatware

to impede performance of the machine.

Thanks man!

I will try that in next few days,i can't wait to get rid of Corsair Link! :)

You're welcome!

And like airdeano said, you should use the fan control settings in the UEFI. Very easy to set it up and very efficient!

I never used AI Suite myself but heard some bad stories about it.  ;)