Would an i5 be bottlenecking Titan X?

Hey guys, I'm planning on buying a new CPU along with Titan X. I heard that the CPU was never the bottleneck when it comes to gaming so I was wondering if I were to get an i5 would it affect my gaming experience at any time? I have a H87 board thus I'm not planning on buying the 4690k, would that be a problem then? Please use simple terms when you guys are educating me, I'm not that good with computer stuff even I'm in electrical engineering. I hate my major! Also, I have 8G of ram :D

If it's a locked i5 (like 4460) and you're playing at 1080p, I wouldn't be surprised if it did bottleneck in certain games. That being said, you should not buy a Titan X for 1080p. At higher resolutions you should be fine.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

You should be completely fine. Might loose like 1-2% of performance but you won't notice.

Always trying to find reason.

If it's a locked i5 (like 4460) and you're playing at 1080p, I wouldn't be surprised if it did bottleneck in certain games. That being said, you should not buy a Titan X for 1080p. At higher resolutions you should be fine.

I'm planning on 1440p 144hz and yes I am probably gonna buy a locked one. Would that be a problem then?

I'm planning on 1440p 144hz and yes I am probably gonna buy a locked one. Would that be a problem then?

I haven't seen any benchmarks with locked i5's and the Titan X so I don't know for sure, sorry. It should be fine though, if anything it'll just be a small performance loss.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Well honestly a Titan X is so powerful I could see even a 4670 (non k version) with small bottleneck. If you dont want/cant update your bios or 4690k go 4670k. They are both fine processors I would be proud to own and allow a titan to show its true power.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

Well honestly a Titan X is so powerful I could see even a 4670 (non k version) with small bottleneck. If you dont want/cant update your bios or 4690k go 4670k. They are both fine processors I would be proud to own and allow a titan to show its true power.

I can live with small bottlenecks because I'm planning on upgrade to the new 1151 socket next year, I just hope it won't be that noticeable 

I can live with small bottlenecks because I'm planning on upgrade to the new 1151 socket next year, I just hope it won't be that noticeable 

Perhaps you'd better wait then and save some money, unless you need a spare CPU? (That's if you don't already have one and a motherboard).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Perhaps you'd better wait then and save some money, unless you need a spare CPU? (That's if you don't already have one and a motherboard).

I have a G3258 currently on my H87 board. Can't OC it. 

There would be no bottlenecking except in really really really cpu intensive games which is like 2% of all games

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Bottlenecking isn't really that big an issue. If you find your CPU at full load and the gpu is isn't, then you have an actual bottleneck. Check out Jayztwocents, he has a good episode on bottlenecking. Even if he is a dick hole. :P

Unapologetic AMD fangirl. Yes, I'm biased. Yes, I know sometimes nVidia and/or Intel is an equal or better option. Yes, I try to keep it in check.

I still like AMD more.