CPU Cooler for my first build

BadAss

Looking for a 50$ cpu cooler for my build.

its my first build ever and want to do it right.

for now i am not planing on overclocking my cpu but wouldnt hurt if i had that option.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/RntVyc

right now this is my build. havent bought anything yet. and yes its Euros in from Germany :D

i am kind of unsure about the cooler. have found cheaper tower type coolers too.

i dont really want it to become more expensive since i will still pay shipping.

i was looking at the ARCTIC Freezer XTREME Rev. 2 too. but then of course since this is my first build i have no idea how they are.

plus i read reviews about other coolers that some dont make good contact with the cpu and it fried their cpu.

scares the crap out of me.

any thoughts on the cooler? owners of either? suggestions for a better solution?

Thanks a lot!

Looking for a 50$ cpu cooler for my build.

its my first build ever and want to do it right.

for now i am not planing on overclocking my cpu but wouldnt hurt if i had that option.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/RntVyc

right now this is my build. havent bought anything yet. and yes its Euros in from Germany :D

i am kind of unsure about the cooler. have found cheaper tower type coolers too.

i dont really want it to become more expensive since i will still pay shipping.

i was looking at the ARCTIC Freezer XTREME Rev. 2 too. but then of course since this is my first build i have no idea how they are.

plus i read reviews about other coolers that some dont make good contact with the cpu and it fried their cpu.

scares the crap out of me.

any thoughts on the cooler? owners of either? suggestions for a better solution?

Thanks a lot!

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and switch out the fan for a push/pull configuration

And the reviews of the coolers not making good contact with the CPU and frying them is 99 times out of 100 a user installation error

ok cool. with the 212 would i be able to overclock with it?

Very strange build, could you pull a Noctua NH-D14

why is it strange? is there something wrong with it?

something i missed?

im open to suggestions.

I guess i could use the noctua. problem is just that here it goes for arround 70-80 euros.

maybe i could find one on sale

What will the purpose of the pc be? Do you need 32GB of RAM and x99?

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

well as i said this is my first build.

in first place i want to use it as a workstation. i will be doing a lot of video editing and am about to go into 3d animation once i have finished my build.

i will be working with adobe cs6 and nearly everytime i dont just have one or two programs running.

i wanted to have upgradability. and be kind of future proof. wanted to finish the build and dont worry about it anymore.

i liked that the cpu had 6 cores so i sticked to the x99. i dont know maybe i musunderstood something.

i was thinking about a micro atx but that wouldnt give me a chance to expand much.

besides using it as a workstation i also wanted to game on it.

have been gaming on concoles since i was a kind and i got curious about how pc games can be so much better.

so i decided to build a workstation i could use for gaming too.

For 50 bucks you can get a 120mm AIO like the CM 120V. If you prefer a heatsink i think this is a pretty good option: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106216&cm_re=heatsink-_-35-106-216-_-Product

By the way, I recently did my first build and had contact issues (Rookie mistake, dont mock me.....) and i can tell you your CPU won't 'fry', you will get really high temps (60ªC at idle) but no need to be terrified over it, specially if you are going with intel since it will just shut down, but follow the instructions, check the backplate isnt stuck on anything and you will be fine. Good Luck! The first one is the most nervewrecking, stressful, fun and finally satisfying experience :P And when it comes to reviews, remember, the porcentage of people reviewing the good is so much little compared to complains over idiots who didnt read the instructions, fucked up and now wanna blame the product. Take your time and trust me, so much of the 'I'm gonna destroy my mobo and make my CPU explode' is just natural for first time building, once you get over it, you can laugh about it. I think i went off topic...nevermind, just remember, actually fucking up permanently a build while following instructions and being reasonably careful doesnt happen! So be careful but don't think too much of reviews stating a CPU meltdown, most of those people did something really dumb and they ain't admitting it :P

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Thanks a lot!

That cooler is excellent (Thermalright Macho). For 50 euro you won't find anything better.

That cooler is excellent (Thermalright Macho). For 50 euro you won't find anything better.

would you be able to overclock with it?

For 50 bucks you can get a 120mm AIO like the CM 120V. If you prefer a heatsink i think this is a pretty good option: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106216&cm_re=heatsink-_-35-106-216-_-Product

By the way, I recently did my first build and had contact issues (Rookie mistake, dont mock me.....) and i can tell you your CPU won't 'fry', you will get really high temps (60ªC at idle) but no need to be terrified over it, specially if you are going with intel since it will just shut down, but follow the instructions, check the backplate isnt stuck on anything and you will be fine. Good Luck! The first one is the most nervewrecking, stressful, fun and finally satisfying experience :P And when it comes to reviews, remember, the porcentage of people reviewing the good is so much little compared to complains over idiots who didnt read the instructions, fucked up and now wanna blame the product. Take your time and trust me, so much of the 'I'm gonna destroy my mobo and make my CPU explode' is just natural for first time building, once you get over it, you can laugh about it. I think i went off topic...nevermind, just remember, actually fucking up permanently a build while following instructions and being reasonably careful doesnt happen! So be careful but don't think too much of reviews stating a CPU meltdown, most of those people did something really dumb and they ain't admitting it :P

Thanks man!

youre right. it scares the crap out of me. especially since this is my first build and i am putting my own hard earned money into it.

hopefully it pays off.

thanks again.

with either of the heatsync or even the all in one cooler. would i be able to overclock?

I would go for something from be quiet. They make great coolers that are super quite. I have one in my current and first build aswell. No problems installing it and it keeps everything nice and cool ive never had it run over 60 under full load. Plus i cant even hear the damn thing unless i have both fans on it cranked to the very max. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk013

Also ive read good things about this one:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc12dxbk

Consume The Darkness