Advise - Home sureveillence wireless cam

Hello everyone,

I've been searching for an affordable solution to monitor my newborn babies and couldn't decide on a certain product due to certain limitations.

My primary limitation is electricity, constant power outages and in many cases having to resort to a backup generator.

What I have looked at so far are basically wireless analog cameras / monitors  & wireless IP surveillance cameras. All the cameras I viewed need to be connected to a power plug to operate and in the case of a wireless IP cam a router is needed as well.

The closest that I could get to in terms of wire free surveillance cameras was the Netgear Algo. But the Algo is nowhere near cheap and if the problem is not power related then it's network / internet related.

I ended trying to check for solutions related to turning a smart phone into a surveillance cam, it's fits my needs considering the limitations.

Has anyone tried it out before, I mean installing an app that turns your smart phone or tablet into a security cam, enable hotspot on the device and stream to another phone or tablet within a decent coverage area ?

hmm never tried(far to young for that imo)

but have you thought about doing it easy? with like a babyphone, these work on batteries and are kinda like 1-way walkie talkies, they playback all the sound coming form your kids room, works with radio frequencies paired to each other so no set up needed, just put in batteries and turn them on, that's it. and you her every sound you lil one makes.

it worked well in my day(i heard) altough if there are people broadcasting on radio waves nearby it could interfer, wifi or alike shouldnt be any problem.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I never thought about that no, but having mentioned it I ended up looking for a similar solution as an app.

I also viewed Piper, it has all that I could want. It can run off batteries if necessary has PTZ built into it, motion detection, etc. and it's all bundled into one devise.

I've contact their support team to know if it can work off a hotspot enabled on a smart phone. If it does then jackpot.

I know it will set me back by $200 not to consider tax and shipping but sounds more of an ideal solution especially if you're on the move. It makes me laugh every time I picture my wife taking out the kids to a relative's house and asks them to give her a few minutes while she opens up a case and pulls out some adapters, Ethernet cables, a router and the cam. when I can have the convenience of an all in one device that can connect to a smart phone that I always use.