My Build

Go to solution Solved by watts300,

What do you think of this one?

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ffq6dC

Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ffq6dC/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor (£155.26 @ Ebuyer)

Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£52.84 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.34 @ Aria PC)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£41.16 @ Amazon UK)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£74.92 @ Amazon UK)

Case Fan: Corsair SP120 57.2 CFM 120mm Fan (£8.54 @ Aria PC)

Other: Red Cable Sleeving

Total: £371.06

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-11 13:11 BST+0100

I tried to add the motherboard and case to the list but they weren't in the parts database at PCPartPicker.co.uk.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H S1150 Intel Z97 4xDDR3 8xUSB3.0 4xUSB2.0 GBE mATX

Case: Cooler Master N Series N400 Chassis with Window for PC

Is this compatible? Is the motherboard and case compatible with the rest of the build?

I like it. The z97 motherboard might have a couple features you won't use, but if you ever need them in the future, it's a good board to have. The modular power supply will help with cabling in a small case. The CPU you picked has built-in graphics that will do just fine... even if you do decide to play an indie game from time to time. Intel HD 4600 graphics aren't terrible.

What the hell UK ... Why do you have a Haswell chip but not a LGA 1150 motherboard ? WHY ? 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

What the hell UK ... Why won't you have a Haswell chip and LGA 1150 motherboard ? WHY ? 

What motherboard would you recommend for £70??

don't forget the graphics card muh man!

Do I need one?? I don't play games on my computer.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

I don't know much about motherboards.

Well get z97 mobo and a Haswell Refresh series cpu

What motherboard would you recommend for £70??

Do I need one?? I don't play games on my computer.

If you want to have literally any interaction with a monitor, you will need a graphics card. In fact, the motherboard will not finish POST without one. You can get a "good enough" one for ~$70

AMD FX8350  2x ASUS Radeon R9 270X 4GB  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX  -  Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 16GB

Well get z97 mobo and a Haswell Refresh series cpu

Is this the motherboard your talking about? > http://www.dabs.com/products/asrock-z97-anniversary-intel-lga1150-z97-atx-raid-gigabit-lan-usb-3-0-B5YR.html?q=z97%20motherboard&src=16

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

If you want to have literally any interaction with a monitor, you will need a graphics card. In fact, the motherboard will not finish POST without one. You can get a "good enough" one for ~$70

So, you can't use the onboard graphics?

So, you can't use the onboard graphics?

Oops, you caught me! I didn't realize the board supported onboard graphics. I'm Sorry! looks like you're good to go I suppose

AMD FX8350  2x ASUS Radeon R9 270X 4GB  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX  -  Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 16GB

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£33.37 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£49.08 @ CCL Computers) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£149.14 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  (£45.80 @ Aria PC) 

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  (£33.59 @ Aria PC) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£74.92 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £518.82

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-11 09:23 BST+0100

There ya go.

On 4/11/2015 at 9:23 AM, SkywardKkalox said:

- snip -

On 4/11/2015 at 2:12 AM, ESPclipse said:

- snip -

On 4/11/2015 at 1:44 AM, MRE Teck said:

- snip -

On 4/11/2015 at 1:41 AM, techguru said:

- snip - 

On 4/11/2015 at 1:19 AM, Delusional Phil said:

- snippity snip - 

SeaSonic PSUs?? I've never heard of SeaSonic before, are they good PSUs??

seasonic is basically the best ...

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I like it but it's over my budget with an OS.

not really..you can get windows dirt cheap or free..I wouldn't worry about that to much

if you can afford that build..thats what I would get

msg me for more info

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

What do you think of this one?i

Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£52.84 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.34 @ Aria PC)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£41.16 @ Amazon UK)

I tried to add the motherboard and case to the list but they weren't in the parts database at PCPartPicker.co.uk.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H S1150 Intel Z97 4xDDR3 8xUSB3.0 4xUSB2.0 GBE mATX

Is this compatible? Is the motherboard and case compatible with the rest of the build?

No. I would suggest you get the build i made you, at 500 pounds you shouldn't even be looking at nicely looking mobos and cases. With the build i made you can play almost rvery game at max settings at 1080p

No. I would suggest you get the build i made you, at 500 pounds you shouldn't even be looking at nicely looking mobos and cases. With the build i made you can play almost rvery game at max settings at 1080p

The op stated He wasn't using it for gaming.

What do you think of this one?

I like it. The z97 motherboard might have a couple features you won't use, but if you ever need them in the future, it's a good board to have. The modular power supply will help with cabling in a small case. The CPU you picked has built-in graphics that will do just fine... even if you do decide to play an indie game from time to time. Intel HD 4600 graphics aren't terrible.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I just looked it up. The N400 case is larger than I thought. Unless you have multiple hard drives now, or plan on adding more in the future or a video card down the road, you could easily pull off the N200 case instead. It's smaller and cheaper. Same brand.