RPG Game Questionnaire style thing :|

MzCatieB

so i am making a RPG game at the moment and i want some feedback on some basics that are sort of hard to pull of fully.

The questions will be poll based above.

any additions you want to add in please just post them bellow.

Character artist in the Games industry.

Pixel art weapon easter egg ;)

I think that Bosses should drop legendary weapons if hit in the right spot kind of like dark souls but put your own twist on it. Maybe its a bad idea but i always like that mechanic.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

With leveling, I feel like having your weapon/skill of choice being dictated by your character's level is BS. I should be able to have access to nearly everything weaponry wise, but be limited on how effective I am.

A game like Warframe does this perfectly. You level up your weapon and character and it adds onto your overall experience.

I feel like having a skill tree and a level requirement just reminds me too much of CoD in a way. Unless this is meant to be more of a Fallout approach.

would like to add with the character customisation part that if the final option wins (Which it most likly as of this post) the previous options will also be also done for testing purposes

Don't make things exclusive to classes, like Paladin, Mage, etc. If the player wants to wear a skirt, wield a warhammer in one hand, and a star in  the other, while wearing archer's equipment, let him do so. Let the player freely level up whatever he wants. Like in Skyrim or ESO.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Don't make things exclusive to classes, like Paladin, Mage, etc. If the player wants to wear a skirt, wield a warhammer in one hand, and a star in  the other, while wearing archer's equipment, let him do so. Let the player freely level up whatever he wants. Like in Skyrim or ESO.

the game is going to have an open leveling system, so no set classes at the start, u make a character level is how you want to level is and write your own story.

Quests will require levels for resource unlocks.

Hybriding in the game will be a set feature (Armours, skill unlocks ext)

Magic is going to be extremely useful for all other combats.

Also with the leveling tree, it will be close to how Farcry 3's is

the game is going to have an open leveling system, so no set classes at the start, u make a character level is how you want to level is and write your own story.

Quests will require levels for resource unlocks.

Hybriding in the game will be a set feature (Armours, skill unlocks ext)

Magic is going to be extremely useful for all other combats.

Also with the leveling tree, it will be close to how Farcry 3's is

Yes, yes, this is good. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

i have only just started working on the game, but i thought i would ask the people who i want to play it what they want rather than just make it an hope for the best.

i will be asking more questions in the future so keep an eye out for them.

if u want to keep up to date with the production of it please remember to visit my website and keep an eye on the blog section.

www,FringatoonStudios.webs.com

the game will be Freemium if i can get a small team together when i reach the kickstarter stage.

i am hopping to get the Gamplay and game mechanics beta together by decemeber-feb time.

then hopefully graphics beta and so on till the game is fully functioning and ready for release... if it gets that far.