BSOD memory management

chris
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Reduce the overclock on your CPU. The wide and random array of errors in the dump files, some software and some memory, suggest that it's an unstable overclocking issue. Return it to stock, and if it's solved, turn it back up with more voltage, or turn it up less.

so I have noticed BSODs since reinstalling windows. I have installed all the drivers I needed. The BSODs happen roughly 0.5-3 minutes into the windows desktop even without me opening/running anything.

My rig:

Asus Maximus V Formula

Intel i7-3770k @4.5GHz

4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport

MSI GTX670 PE SLI

850W PSU

H100i

dump file:MEMORY.zip

I am on Windows 7 SP 1 with all applicable patches/updates

please can you tell me what the problem is/could be, and help me with the issue

Take out one of the sticks of RAM and see if it BSODs. If it does, switch the sticks and try again.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I also ran memtester and it came up with no errors

I've run memtests before, and my faulty RAM came up as clean. It's not 100% reliable.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Also Disable wmpnetwk.exe (Windows Media Player Network Sharing service)

By going to RUN>services.msc>finding the long name above double-click and disable as well as changing the "Strtup type" to Disabled.

Edit:

About memtest, how many passes did you let it run for?

If you don't find any issues with your storage, Driver Verifier would be my next step.

OK the dump file you uploaded wasn't related specifically to memory - it was, as yoyo suggested, referring to windows media player network sharing service. However, it was a bugcheck, so there was something wrong beyond that. Try disabling that and see what comes up. Also, if it's happening frequently, can you upload all of the dump files in that folder, as the variety will give us more of an idea for the root cause of the problem.

HTTP/2 203

thanks for the help and suggestions so far guys, here's the rest of the dumps I have. I haven't had the time to run a disk check yet, but will tomorrow. Going to use driver verifier also.

dumps.zip

Reduce the overclock on your CPU. The wide and random array of errors in the dump files, some software and some memory, suggest that it's an unstable overclocking issue. Return it to stock, and if it's solved, turn it back up with more voltage, or turn it up less.

HTTP/2 203

as much as I like my 3770k @ 4.5 (taken it up to 4.8 before)... I guess I need to turn it down a little :D

thanks for all the help guys, solved the problem :D

turned my OC down by 100MHz and now it works perfectly!