Recommend me something to learn :)

botpaket

Hello guys,

I'm on my holiday after an exam

and i want to learn some programming, editing, or making games etc, that i can use as a profession in the future.

right now i'm only learning the basic of java swing, database, and ip addressing (in my school)

can you guys recommend me what to learn and the tutorials ? :)

note : my friend suggest to use unity, but i cannot find a good tutorial for a complete beginners :(

Sorry for my bad english :( 

learn C++

also, linda.com?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Learn UNIX and programming in the UNIX environment.

That is huge and can land you quite the career.

Nobody thinks of that though. Usually everyone wants to develop games, and only games.

Learn UNIX and programming in the UNIX environment.

That is huge and can land you quite the career.

Nobody thinks of that though. Usually everyone wants to develop games, and only games.

We learned this in college , makefiles , linux distros bash commands.

I dont remember much about working on gcc but while I dont remember the syntax I still remember the logic around it.

I recommend using unity to start programming. Unity is a free 3D game engine that is easy to pick up and use. I recommend following some tutorials to get used to the environment first, and then start doing the programming. I can remember the first time I started up Unity, all I saw was: "WOW many buttons".

I found a tutorial for getting used to the environment here:

And a programming tutorial here:

If you need any other help, let me know.

EDIT: formatting

We learned this in college , makefiles , linux distros bash commands.

I dont remember much about working on gcc but while I dont remember the syntax I still remember the logic around it.

it can be useful in so many different environments. Most servers are a linux distro. Understanding those commands and being able to work your way around a terminal could be huge for a career.

Probably more practical than trying to teach yourself to code a game with unity3d ,which some reason everyone wants to code a game, but they don't realize you need to know a ton of math, linear algebra, algorithms, physics, etc.

it can be useful in so many different environments. Most servers are a linux distro. Understanding those commands and being able to work your way around a terminal could be huge for a career.

Probably more practical than trying to teach yourself to code a game with unity3d ,which some reason everyone wants to code a game, but they don't realize you need to know a ton of math, linear algebra, algorithms, physics, etc.

yes, learning some basics of linux will be more useful than one would imagine. you could quite easily learn some linux basics and c++ or python at the same time. you really only need to learn a couple basic concepts and a handful of commands to start programming in linux

There's 2 posters from /g/ that have 100 great exercises. Bonus points for picking the project based on a random number generator you made.  ;)

Programming-Projects-for-N00bz.jpg1422017150358.png

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

Ey, I created a RPN calculator in python.

That was pretty neato