GTX 960 4gb BIOS FLASH

Okay so i am targeting an msi 970, but there's a chance that ill have to go with a 960. I hate the idea of being stuck with 2gb ram, 3gb is a must for me and 960 4gb as far as i've read, isn't bottlenecked by the 128 bit bus thanks to the maxwell architecture, so it utilizes the 4gb well. I just want to hear some people clarify how good the 4gb with a 960 is. On to the main topic, i may be getting a 960 but if i do, it would be evga, the reason why is because of the dual bios. I want to flash the bios on the 960 so i can overclock better, but for anyone that does have a 960 with a bios flash, how good is the overclock? I'm hoping to achieve 780 level performance with a bios mod and overclocking on a decent cooling setup - i'll actually pair the 960 with an arctic cooler for good overclocking capabilities. 

Sounds interesting. You could get an amd card? with the money invested in a 4gb model, maybe you could find a great 290 deal? 

Regardless, bets of luck with your OCing! 

Oh, and welcome to the forums :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Not going for a 290, i considered it, i would have to go for a new psu as well though (cx 430). 290 is significantly more expensive than 960 here in the uk. I'm sticking to 960 or 970. 

To push the 960 to 780 levels would require quite a large or a oc. You'd have to win the Silicon lottery... Id rather go with the 970 and overclock the hell out of that :P

Desktop: The Bluez | CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5 ghz 1.296V | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: P8Z77 M-Pro | Memory: 16 GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX  

GPU: Asus GTX 780ti DirectCu II | HDD: Some Random Hitachi 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB | PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W | Case: Enermax Ostrog GT (Blue Ver.) 

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 2013 256GB

I believe the GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 and the G1 Gaming have dual bios. 

Desktop: The Bluez | CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5 ghz 1.296V | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: P8Z77 M-Pro | Memory: 16 GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX  

GPU: Asus GTX 780ti DirectCu II | HDD: Some Random Hitachi 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB | PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W | Case: Enermax Ostrog GT (Blue Ver.) 

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 2013 256GB

Screw the dual bios, and get the 970. You aren't gonna get a 960 that can beat the 970, even with a hacked bios