OLD SCHOOL Dell Dimension 2400 WinXP won't run 1080p

jtmccutcheon98

Hi all!

I have an old Dell Dimension 2400 currently running on integrated Intel 82845G Graphics. I do have a plan for shoving in a graphics card later on, but one thing at a time. Howver, for the time being, I am trying to get a 1080p screen to run on Windows XP. I know it can handle it, as it runs great on Linux. WinXP will only take it up to 1600x900. I have the latest drivers for the controller installed and the display driver works and the OS recognized the brand. Is there a trick I just am not familiar with? Thanks!

Heck! Windows XP, who uses that these days? Haha

Anyway, joking aside, I think making sure you've got all the service packs installs (1-3), that would be a good start, but I do believe that Microsoft has stopped supporting Windows XP, for obvious reasons, so maybe look at installing, dare I say it, at least Windows Vista, but Windows 7 if you can, as the former kinda was crappy.

Anyway, good luck with it dude. :)

@jtmccutcheon98

^ THAT'S MY POST ^

< THAT'S MY AVATAR THAT'S YOUR SCROLLBAR >

HOW'RE YOU DOIN'?

Windows 7 will have to wait for the RAM and GPU upgrade, I have tried that previously. It's not that big of a deal, I just prefer to use the old ones until they are dead, and my CRT finally threw in the towel. I only had SP2, I have SP3 downloading now. Will report back I guess.