ASUS with nvidia GPU? Should i ? Or Shouldn't i ? Little help please?

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

Don't really want to overclocked the cards because that just sucks out the life span right? Would try not to overclock it. most probably going for the EVGA or MSI. which of these cards can offer me performance+cooling+silent+powerful ? out of your experience. ! 

Overclocking would only 'suck out' life span if the cooling was not very good. Gigabyte got some really good cooling so that's why it's so good for overclocking.

I personally don't have experience with any of these cards (but I have read a lot of reviews on all of them).

EVGA is probably the better on out of these 2. A friend of mine has it and it really is a very good performing card.

So, here I was having a great day,about to build myself a great beast of a pc, but now I find myself in a huge dilemma.!

So, I got to choose between getting the 

Graphics Card:

*ASUS GRAPHICS CARD GTX 970 4GB DDR5 DC II OC STRIX EDITION
OR
*ASUS GRAPHICS CARD GTX 960 2GB DDR5 DC II OC STRIX

And I have absolutely no idea which to get. I'm not even sure I want to get an nvidia edition of 2GB or 4GB? I'm not even sure I should be getting an ASUS card manufacturer instead of gigabyte or others maybe. Suggestions and help please. As much as I can get. What should i do? 
Both of them also point that its "Factory overclocked" does that mean its already overclocked? because I don't want that, having the ability to go overclocked only when running high end games or those things that recommend more power is okay but having an overclocked pc all the time will only lessen my performance and stability in the long run.
Want a graphics card that can handle graphical work and rendering and high end games as well. Want the perfect combination of a graphics card able to handle all those things.
For my use: well not particularly a gamer but do enjoy the capability of running high end games. I mean I'd like to have the capability of a pc for it, im more or a performance maniac in that respect. :D :D 

Also, speaking of performance, have been caught between these choices as well. If you wonderful guys and girls could help me out at this too. I'll owe you a cookie. :D :D 
Processor:
*Intel Core i7 4790K
*INTEL PROCESSOR i5 4670K
*INTEL PROCESSOR i5 4670

What do i do? I do enjoy more ghz . As i said performance maniac... Go ahead and leave as many thoughts and comments as you'd like. I'm here to read and reply to every one of them. ! Cheers guys and girls.! . :D :D 

-snip-

Best performance:

The GTX 970 and the i7 4790K.

As for the 970, Gigabyte G1, EVGA and MSI one are good too. The Asus GTX 970 is not that impressive.

As for the CPU, the i7 is best, but for gaming the i5 4670K is just good too (or i5 4670 is fine too if you wont overclock)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

deff the xeon. and with the money you save get a 980. the 960 really isnt an option with better things like the r9 280x being avalable. if you want silence go for the msi one. but really they are all good and you wont be disapointed with any of them.  the only thing that could ruin is it coil whine or just all the issues the 970 has been having

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

Best performance:

The GTX 970 and the i7 4790K.

As for the 970, Gigabyte G1, EVGA and MSI one are good too. The Asus GTX 970 is not that impressive.

As for the CPU, the i7 is best, but for gaming the i5 4670K is just good too (or i5 4670 is fine too if you wont overclock)

So, what you're saying is... for me to get the i7 and ofcourse choose anyone of gigabyte as the highest pririty and then comes EVGA and then MSI when it comes to the 970.. nice. ! alright thanks for the suggestion mate. You helped loads. ! 

Are you going to overclock it? G1 Gaming

If not get a GTX 970 FTW+ from EVGAbecause its stock boost is insane

Probably not looking to overclocked it. as the system would be just for performance but when im playing high end games like maybe watch dogs or assassins creed unity. It could get overclocked at times to be true. but don't want that to be overclocked all the time, you know. 

And you're saying EVGA would be the best choice. why not gigabyte? any thoughts on that? :) 

Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3  Performs same as the i7 at a lower price,and get the GIgabyte gtx 970 since it has better cooling,power delivery etc. Asus 970 strix kinda sucks,due to power limit.

Cooling+power delivery is my top priority while performing at the same time is as well. hmm. you seem to have given me some great hypothesis and insight... It does indeed seem that asus kinda sucks at this point yea. 

And you said Xeon ... very interesting indeed. ! looking into it right away.!

So, what you're saying is... for me to get the i7 and ofcourse choose anyone of gigabyte as the highest pririty and then comes EVGA and then MSI when it comes to the 970.. nice. ! alright thanks for the suggestion mate. You helped loads. ! 

the i7 is not very necessary for gaming, but will perform best (in some games there will barely be any difference with the i5, since many games still dont use more than 4 cores).

The Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 is best overall, but only if you want to overclock. Otherwise the EVGA card will be best and the MSI one is still good.

If you wont overclock, you should go for the EVGA or MSI one.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

deff the xeon. and with the money you save get a 980. the 960 really isnt an option with better things like the r9 280x being avalable. if you want silence go for the msi one. but really they are all good and you wont be disapointed with any of them.  the only thing that could ruin is it coil whine or just all the issues the 970 has been having

Xeon over i7,,,? I must look into it right away.! sounds incredibly interesting. ofcourse 980 is a far better choice than 970. Cooling+powerful+performance+silence. is my ideal mate. MSI.. sounds not that bad. . now could you please explain what the "coil whine" is? please. ?

the i7 is not very necessary for gaming, but will perform best (in some games there will barely be any difference with the i5, since many games still dont use more than 4 cores).

The Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 is best overall, but only if you want to overclock. Otherwise the EVGA card will be best and the MSI one is still good.

If you wont overclock, you should go for the EVGA or MSI one.

Don't really want to overclocked the cards because that just sucks out the life span right? Would try not to overclock it. most probably going for the EVGA or MSI. which of these cards can offer me performance+cooling+silent+powerful ? out of your experience. ! 

Overclocking would only 'suck out' life span if the cooling was not very good. Gigabyte got some really good cooling so that's why it's so good for overclocking.

I personally don't have experience with any of these cards (but I have read a lot of reviews on all of them).

EVGA is probably the better on out of these 2. A friend of mine has it and it really is a very good performing card.

huh, nice way you put it there. Gigabyte seems to have very great cooling systems in it, right. Okay, so first choice is Gigabyte . if not available then EVGA... thanks for the help mate. oh yea, one more. I'm thinking of getting the 60.96cm(24) FHD monitor with the Touch of Color - S24D390HL with inbuilt speakers. what do you think about that?

huh, nice way you put it there. Gigabyte seems to have very great cooling systems in it, right. Okay, so first choice is Gigabyte . if not available then EVGA... thanks for the help mate. oh yea, one more. I'm thinking of getting the 60.96cm(24) FHD monitor with the Touch of Color - S24D390HL with inbuilt speakers. what do you think about that?

I have never heard of that one. Looking at the specs and stuff, it seems decent.

But just saying, most of the time built in speakers are not worth it (I have built in speakers and they are not very good and a friend of mine has a different monitor and those speakers are also not good)