NeverSettle Shafted

GamerDad
I'm putting this in the general board as this isn't directly relevant to the graphics card board or the PC Gaming board per se...

I bought a 7950 back in April and just opened it now (my in-laws took forever to bring it over). Lo and behold my supposed free gift of a Never Settle Reloaded game bundle is nowhere to be found.

Turns out Newegg (big mistake) never packed it in the shipping box. They are now out of stock. They told me to contact them when they'd get more codes. They could not say when they'd get more. Naturally, I felt shafted.

So, I contacted AMD and they said they don't have any more codes. Turns out the promo is over (ends by Dec 2013 or when stock runs out).

Just want to give everyone a heads up!

you have been AMD'ed. lol im just kiddin you should of known it was gonna end in december ... your fault

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I'm putting this in the general board as this isn't directly relevant to the graphics card board or the PC Gaming board per se...

I bought a 7950 back in April and just opened it now (my in-laws took forever to bring it over). Lo and behold my supposed free gift of a Never Settle Reloaded game bundle is nowhere to be found.

Turns out Newegg (big mistake) never packed it in the shipping box. They are now out of stock. They told me to contact them when they'd get more codes. They could not say when they'd get more. Naturally, I felt shafted.

So, I contacted AMD and they said they don't have any more codes. Turns out the promo is over (ends by Dec 2013 or when stock runs out).

I now have a graphics card that I bought for no other reason other than for those games (I would have waited for a different one that fit my planned build better).

The card in question is a VGA POWERCOLOR AX7950 3GBD5-2DHV4.

I am hoping for one of two things:

A buyer for the card (will sell for 250$ CAD shipping is extra. Card is still sealed in plastic and never used).

or

A generous person to donate their spare NeverSettle Reloaded code so I could put the graphics card to use.

Any takers (or givers?)

Try returning it to newegg. Or ask foursome sort of compensation because it was supposed to come with it. Usually retailers are pretty good with this because they don't want to ruin their reputation. Also provide proof of purchase.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

you have been AMD'ed. lol im just kiddin you should of known it was gonna end in december ... your fault

December 2013 (next December)

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

I might be wrong, but the codes don't come in the GPU box.  They come in the packing box losely

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

It happened to me too at Micro Center with a 7850. It took 2.5 months for them to get stock and give me the codes. I hope you have good luck and get your codes soon.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Why not contact AMD or Newegg and ask if you are eligible for the future Never Settle bundle?

Or return the card.

December 2013 (next December)

so this guy got fool'ed?

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

so this guy got fool'ed?

It's either until Dec. 2013 or until codes run out.

The latter came first.

Why not contact AMD or Newegg and ask if you are eligible for the future Never Settle bundle?

Or return the card.

exactly what i would of done .

It's either until Dec. 2013 or until codes run out.

The latter came first.

Wow they should get new codes and send one to this guy cuz thats BS he said i bought the card for the bundle

Wow they should get new codes and send one to this guy cuz thats BS he said i bought the card for the bundle

But if there aren't anymore codes...then how would he get it....

Also, why buy the card just for games? You can find the codes on Ebay for sale.

But if there aren't anymore codes...then how would he get it....

Also, why buy the card just for games? You can find the codes on Ebay for sale.

most of the people buy AMD cards cuz the bundle is a nice deal.

most of the people buy AMD cards cuz the bundle is a nice deal.

If you buy a GPU, you're buying it because you want the card, anything else included is just an incentive and not guaranteed.

This guy found out the hard way and should have been on top of it. If he really wanted the games he would have gotten the package sooner.

Its not december yet

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

basically you have 3 options:

return the card.

try and work something out with newegg. (maybe codes for future never settles?)

keep the card and buy games.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I don't think you can get the codes back from anyone because I contacted AMD and they said that I would have to contact the retailer but the retailer already ran out of codes. So I would suggest the things that carolkarine suggested.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Are you sure it wasn't in the box and you just didn't realize it? It's not inside of the video card box, just in the shipping container and looks kind of like an ad if you don't read it.

If you buy a GPU, you're buying it because you want the card, anything else included is just an incentive and not guaranteed.

This guy found out the hard way and should have been on top of it. If he really wanted the games he would have gotten the package sooner.

Bam, this is exactly what i was thinking when I read this thread :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Bam, this is exactly what i was thinking when I read this thread :)

Not if the choice is between nVidia or AMD. Pprice for value, AMD is better with the games included. Doesn't change the fact of being tricked.

Not if the choice is between nVidia or AMD. Pprice for value, AMD is better with the games included. Doesn't change the fact of being tricked.

You got a point there :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Its not december yet

nice gif

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS: