PC won't get past boot splash screen

nekomata
Go to solution Solved by nekomata,

Well that is quite peculiar then, try recording the screen when you turn it on so that when it dies you can actually go back and pause to see the different

Error Codes. I used to make mistakes with Bluescreen crashes all the time with misread Error Codes which of course lead to misdiagnosis and some 

rather annoying issues that sprung up because of those mistakes. Ah how I love the "broken glass" effect, hit one pane of glass and it shatters into

a million pieces. "Oh that sounds like a fan is clicking wrong" -fiddles with a wire- "that should work nicely" -computer blows up- || 11YearOld me. =p

Soooooo

It finally boots normally <YES!>

I have attempted everything

Then I found out that my right shift key was stuck, so I unstuck it, then it magically runs. Sorry for all the trouble I caused

My PC just doesn't want to turn on suddenly. It stops at 9C, no beep, and I can't go to boot setup as it always says "Entering Setup". I had not installed/updated anything in the session prior to this problem.

I have already tried removing the CMOS battery, reseting the jumper, reseating the GPU, removing the hard drive, reseating the RAM, crouching in the corner in agony.

My specs:

Biostart TA990FXE

FX-8350 Stock

Corsair vengeance 1600 MHz 2x4GB

Sapphire 7870 OC

FSP Raider 750w

Anyone has any more suggestion on what to do?

I have no access to spare parts

Tasukete kudasai

My PC just doesn't want to turn on suddenly. It stops at 9C, no beep, and I can't go to boot setup as it always says "Entering Setup". I had not installed/updated anything in the session prior to this problem.

I have already tried removing the CMOS battery, reseting the jumper, reseating the GPU, removing the hard drive, reseating the RAM, crouching in the corner in agony.

My specs:

Biostart TA990FXE

FX-8350 Stock

Corsair vengeance 1600 MHz 2x4GB

Sapphire 7870 OC

FSP Raider 750w

Anyone has any more suggestion on what to do?

I have no access to spare parts

Tasukete kudasai

I'm not seeing a 9C in your manual, are you 100% positive that's the code?

A quick couple searches reveals that the TA990FX has had random issues with other users like this. Might need to RMA or replace that board if it's out of warranty.

Have you tried booting with just one stick of RAM in at a time?

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

I'm not seeing a 9C in your manual, are you 100% positive that's the code?

A quick couple searches reveals that the TA990FX has had random issues with other users like this. Might need to RMA or replace that board if it's out of warranty.

Have you tried booting with just one stick of RAM in at a time?

I have no expendable cash for the next year to replace anything atm, my parents are being cheap on me while my dad keeps buying lenses and macbooks like there's no tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure that it's 9C

I just tried that and now my motherboard rejects all of my RAM. I'm gonna leave it for now, might try again tomorrow

Well, 9C in itself is an MSI Error Code. It's caused by malfunctioning USB devices and such, or even having

a USB 3.0 plugged into a 2.0. Silly really, but that is a thing. This can be fixed by updating your drivers and

relevant chipset.

Hope you get a fix. =)

"Have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

Well, 9C in itself is an MSI Error Code. It's caused by malfunctioning USB devices and such, or even having

a USB 3.0 plugged into a 2.0. Silly really, but that is a thing. This can be fixed by updating your drivers and

relevant chipset.

Hope you get a fix. =)

I have nothing plugged in except DVI and power, so that might not be the case.

I will try to update those once I have access to the rest of my PC

I have nothing plugged in except DVI and power, so that might not be the case.

I will try to update those once I have access to the rest of my PC

Well that is quite peculiar then, try recording the screen when you turn it on so that when it dies you can actually go back and pause to see the different

Error Codes. I used to make mistakes with Bluescreen crashes all the time with misread Error Codes which of course lead to misdiagnosis and some 

rather annoying issues that sprung up because of those mistakes. Ah how I love the "broken glass" effect, hit one pane of glass and it shatters into

a million pieces. "Oh that sounds like a fan is clicking wrong" -fiddles with a wire- "that should work nicely" -computer blows up- || 11YearOld me. =p

Soooooo

Then I found out that my right shift key was stuck, so I unstuck it, then it magically runs. Sorry for all the trouble I caused

Soooooo

Ha! Like I said, the smallest things can cause so many big issues. Glad you found a fix. Maybe give that Keyboard

a little clean while you're celebrating. :')

Ha! Like I said, the smallest things can cause so many big issues. Glad you found a fix. Maybe give that Keyboard

a little clean while you're celebrating. :')

I already did a couple of weeks ago, though this place really is a dust magnet. I cleaned my PC less than a month ago and now it's already worse than how it was when I didn't clean it up for 6 months in my old place.

Maybe it's just the crappy membrane keyboard though