4K Gaming Build. My First Build!

Go to solution Solved by Octavialicious,

Get the price down if possible. I wouldn't like to spend too much on it.

After further inspection it looks like you did the perfect job!

For $10 more I would personally get a Gigabyte board http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97xsli but if you like the colours of the MSI one, it's a decent board and should serve you fine :)

Good luck!

I have just recently watched Linus's 4K gaming video and I have decided to rethink my build. I was looking for a 1080p machine but now I am thinking of repurposing my build for 4K in mind.

Here is what I have so far:

I pretty much just edited my previous build and added a 4K monitor (HOLY CRAP they are expensive compared to a 1080p monitor :o )

Here is my "criteria":
1. Budget & Location
I am looking for $1000 USD. I am willing to go a little more but that is the area I am shooting for.

2. Aim
It will be a gaming machine. I plan to run at 4K for not as demanding games so I am not looking to max out everything. That said, if I need to play a game at 1080p for it to look good, I hope for it to run at max settings at good FPS (~60 FPS)

3. Monitors
It would only be one monitor at the start and I might to to more as time goes on but right now one is all I am looking for.

4. Peripherals
None needed.

5. Why are you upgrading?
This will be my first build! My laptop is nice for portability but I really want a computer to be able to run really fast for gaming.

Hope you can help!

My Current PC: PCPartPicker I built this August of 2019. I'm loving AMD's 3rd gen Ryzen.

Ouch, that GTX 970 build is going to get wrecked by 4K

I'd go for a locked i5 + 290 Crossfire

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

the 290x is cheaper ($280-$290) and handles 4k better 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

4K $1000... No way. Try $2000.

My System has a Intel Core i7 4790k @4.5ghz Cooled by A Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO With a MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Memory.

4K $1000... No way. Try $2000.

... no

can you not

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

How is this for the new build?

PCPartPicker

Will handle 4K perfectly! You will be able to play new titles with good settings (High to Ultra) :D

I can try to get the price down a bit, unless you specifically like the parts you chose  ;)

Will handle 4K perfectly! You will be able to play new titles with good settings (High to Ultra) :D

I can try to get the price down a bit, unless you specifically like the parts you chose  ;)

My Current PC: PCPartPicker I built this August of 2019. I'm loving AMD's 3rd gen Ryzen.

For $10 more I would personally get a Gigabyte board http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97xsli but if you like the colours of the MSI one, it's a decent board and should serve you fine :)

Good luck!

Good luck!

Thank you! The thing that really adds on the price on this kind of a build is the monitor. I will keep this build in mind but I'm not sure on 4K just yet.

Thank you everyone for the help!