NCIX: http://bit.ly/1JRc11B

Amazon: http://geni.us/1RR9

MSI 970 Gaming

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1GZ8xrq

Amazon: http://geni.us/1Cnt

AMD RAM

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1GZ8Kek

Amazon: http://geni.us/1AtZ

4K has always seemed a bit out of reach for most PC gamers. But with this build, it is SIGNIFICANTLY more affordable than you might expect...

Yay! nya~

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Before anybody complains about the 6350, CPU doesn't really matter at 4k.

@Jerakl I'm having fun gaming @ 4k with an R9 270. I play a lot of racing games and MMO's. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Hi Nick :D 

Why is it all AMD? a locked i5 and cheap motherboard would probably be better for the future because whats the point of having to upgrade your fx CPU also when in the future you have some money for a new GPU but your CPU will be slowing it down

Before anybody complains about the 6350, CPU doesn't really matter at 4k.

@Jerakl I'm having fun gaming @ 4k with an R9 270. I play a lot of racing games and MMO's. 

AMD fx cpus have lower min FPS at times over intel which is a huge deal breaking, an even bigger deal at 4k if you want to upgrade you're not limiting your future options because you went with an AMD cpu today. So yes it matters... quite a bit.

GPU but your CPU can't even support it

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

7a61e8a6cc6a42e5ea5ff8dfac514cd409bb92f8

I'd love to see a Space PC, but on which planet/object? Hmmm...

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Why is it all AMD? a locked i5 and cheap motherboard would probably be better for the future because whats the point of having to upgrade your fx CPU also when in the future you have some money for a new GPU but your CPU will be slowing it down

AMD fx cpus have lower min FPS at times over intel which is a huge deal breaking, an even bigger deal at 4k if you want to upgrade you're not limiting your future options because you went with an AMD cpu today. So yes it matters... quite a bit.

GPU but your CPU can't even support it

It's an AMD sponsored build guide, of course he's going to go with an AMD chip.

Yes the minimums are a bit lower in some games, but it still doesn't make much of a difference at all on averages, and again, this was an AMD sponsored build guide so he couldn't go with Intel. Here's 8350 benchmarks at 4k vs 4930k. http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/56/amd-fx-8350-powering-gtx-780-sli-vs-gtx-980-sli-at-4k/index.html

Keep in mind I would still personally never actually recommend an FX processor for gaming, even at 4k.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Hello!

This build was sponsored by AMD (as Linus mentions at the end of the video). I have no doubt that other similarly-priced components would work in the same situation. This was just the setup we used to show that 4K is more affordable than some people expect! (depending on the game of course)

Hello!

This build was sponsored by AMD (as Linus mentions at the end of the video). I have no doubt that other similarly-priced components would work in the same situation. This was just the setup we used to show that 4K is more affordable than some people expect! (depending on the game of course)

Thanks for working on this video, a lot of people are definitely mislead into thinking you need quad 980's and a 5960x to play any game at 4k. 

Granted if you want to play the newest triple A titles maxed out, you'll still need something like SLI 980's, but not everybody plays those games, like you said.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

thank god linus made a vid of this.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Thanks for working on this video, a lot of people are definitely mislead into thinking you need quad 980's and a 5960x to play any game at 4k. 

Granted if you want to play the newest triple A titles maxed out, you'll still need something like SLI 980's, but not everybody plays those games, like you said.

Thank Linus, he's the one who puts in the hard work to make videos like these available to the community! :D

And yeah, I think that's definitely very important to keep in mind - we're not trying to say that 4K is affordable overall, you still need a powerful system to run 4K in very demanding titles. But there is still a ton of fun and enjoyment to be had from playing less demanding titles at a ridiculously high resolution :D

The LMG team made me a Christmas gift. How sweet and thanks Nick. ;)

Except that the harsh reality just hit me that FX CPUs get around the same single threaded performance as Core 2 Duos...

"Rawr XD"

Why does linus have a 970 box when he said he is using a 285?

Im an idiot thats the motherboard...

Neat video. I think it addresses an important point: No need to over build a PC with top tier hardware if you're just gonna play CS:GO and TF2.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Yay! My phone didn't arrive for Xmas, but this will fill the place! Thanks Nick! Hope you all have a great Xmas! @nicklmg

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

CPU: AMD FX8350 CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS 12x Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2 GPU RX480 4GB) Memory 16GB DDR1333 SSD: PNY Prevail 120G + Corsair Force LE 120G (Steam) Bulk storage Stable Bit Drive Pool with 5x 2TB 2x 3TB PSU Corsair 600w Case Rosewill Throne

Nice watch :)

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

He really should have prefaced the video by saying that it is sponsored by AMD.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Them rainbow cables make me moist, although food cable management luke.

He really should have prefaced the video by saying that it is sponsored by AMD.

Watch it again. They clearly stated that the parts were sponsored by AMD. They even said they sent them the wrong CPU :P

I use a Lenovo T440: i5 4300U, 8GB RAM, 128GB Samsung 840 Evo, 14" 900p display and an external 23" 1080p passive 3D monitor. Extended 6-cell battery with internal 3-cell. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (I only use open-source software -- haven't paid for a single program yet).

Watch it again. They clearly stated that the parts were sponsored by AMD. They even said they sent them the wrong CPU :P

I know he says it in the middle and at the end, I would like it prefaced by it. Like in other videos he has done.  This is a ticky-tacky complaint, I know, but this video makes absolutely no sense.  Its as if AMD said, hey, we're feeling irrelevant, which they are, so lets sponsor a video in which we eliminate the CPU as a factor because our CPUs have IPC from 2005 and make it appear to the uneducated that AMD CPUs kick butt because 4k!  The monitor alone costs just as much as the build.  Its the same monitor he just did a review on like two days ago.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Had to be done:

P0iIYCV.png

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I sadly have to disagree with this $1000 build for the simple fact that 4k monitors will probably cost you more that the $1000 you are spending on the PC. so infect this is more like a $2000 build instead because if your going to build this you will also need to buy the 4k monitor.