"Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition" won't load.

Go to solution Solved by Bouche4Dag,

First of: I've never played any Dark Souls game and am not known with it's problems (well).

Now that that's out of the way, you do seem to know that the PC port has problems, and you've used community mods to try and fix them.

Looks like you did some of what's covered on http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dark_Souls yet it might still be useful to read what fixes they have (it's a long page...)

I'm afraid I won't be able to help you any further than that though.

Someone who has experience with fixing Dark Souls might.

PS: please don't use prntscr links, they're commonly used by people to share malware. Imgur.com works just fine :) (ShareX for simple uploading)

BIOS: Latest version available.
PC Specs: Can be seen on my profile.

After the release of Bloodborne, I wanted to go back and play a bit of Dark Souls 1 again. So, I went ahead and booted the game up and... Nothing. I had a couple of graphics mod installed along with DSFix, but it continued to black screen and crashes as soon as I tried to move the window or do anything with the game.

I was able to play and load the game with the same config back around September, but for some reason that doesn't work anymore.

When I evaluated the game files with Steam, it said that there was one file missing, which it then proceeded to download. Yet it still didn't work.

I have tried:
Uninstalling and deleting my mods.
Doing a clean install.
Switching to the [-dsptde-2.0-] beta patch/version.
Installing old GFWL clients.
Letting it run without touching it for 30 minutes.
Clean installs with new and old versions of DSFix.

Screenshots of what happens: 

When I evaluated the game files with Steam, it said that there was one file missing, which it then proceeded to download. Yet it still didn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

-Zonus

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

First of: I've never played any Dark Souls game and am not known with it's problems (well).

Now that that's out of the way, you do seem to know that the PC port has problems, and you've used community mods to try and fix them.

Looks like you did some of what's covered on http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dark_Souls yet it might still be useful to read what fixes they have (it's a long page...)

PS: please don't use prntscr links, they're commonly used by people to share malware. Imgur.com works just fine :) (ShareX for simple uploading)

OS: Windows 10N -- CPU: Intel i7 8700k @ 4.9GHz -- CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 -- Mobo: Biostar Z370GT6 -- RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @2933MHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 8GB FTW -- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 -- Storage1x 960GB Corsair MP510 SSD and 3x 1TB HDD -- PSU: Corsair RM 650x

Monitors: Acer 1440p144 + 1440p60 -- Keyboard: Leopold FC750R -- Mouse: Glorious Model O- -- Headphones: Beyer DT1990 + Schitt Fulla 3 Microphone Samson C01UPRO

Thanks you! I was looking around but I couldn't find anything describing my situation.

And thanks for the info! I guess I'm gonna switch now. No wonder why Opera blocks prntscr links. :)

EDIT: Holy Shit! I wasn't aware ShareX was so much better!

you probably need an update for system level programs

.net....directx....physx....opencl....ms visual studio redistribatables

also..make sure you are admin..and disable uac...update your system drivers to

chipset and videocard

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

So yeah... For some inexplicable reason, I have to unplug my X360 controller when launching the game. But it works now, and that's what counts.

• 1 year later...

I recently installed a GTX 1070 and it seems one of the latest updates bricks the game. I have rolled back to November 2016 and selected custom in the install and opted for clean install, it works! I haven't messed with DXFix yet though... all worked great 3440x1440 until nvidia broke it... twirps.