MSI Z97 Gaming 7 - 3 GPU's

Yup. What resolution do you play at?

Will be 4K. Currently 1080p but figured this upgrade will make 4K a bit more of a realisation

Will be 4K. Currently 1080p but figured this upgrade will make 4K a bit more of a realisation

You could do 4k pretty well with two 980s. Especially with the physics offloaded to a 970. Good luck man, have fun!

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

• 4 months later...

I hate to bring this up from a few months ago, but I just did something similar and it didn't work. I have 2 Titan blacks in sli with custom bios that are oc'd and on water, and got a 780 ti for a good price, well I put it together and my sli was disabled, wouldn't re-enable, tried to reinstall drivers, got bsod, just a bunch of problems. Needless to say I didn't get it to work, this is on a MSi Z97 Gaming 9 ac MB. since its been this while were you able to install a 3rd NVidia card and still was ok on your 980's sli'd or did you get a new MB?