Is R7 260x a good fit in this build? Other upgrade suggestion needed

Here is my current pc config

- i3 3220

- Gigabyte B75m-DV2

- corsair 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz

- WD 500GB HDD

- Cooler Master 420W PSU (this came with my case CM Elite 311)

Planning to add graphics card to this build so that I can game on it. I am not a hardcore gamer. It would be just 2-3 hrs of gaming over the weekend. But FIFA is something I would be playing regularly on this PC, but want to be able to play other titles as well. No online gaming at all.

As you can see my current PC config is no where closed to called even a entry level gaming pc. What do you think would a good graphics card to add on to this build? Sapphire/MSI R7 260x is something that I am inclined to(available for 10k Indian currency). Is it a good choice considering the rest of the components?. Will the power supply suffice? Performance bottleneck?

Also I suppose the choice of my graphics card above is enough to give an idea of my tight budget. There are also some other upgrade options in my mind like another 4gb ram, SSD, a full hd monitor. But my plan is not to do everything at once but over a course of 3-4 months, budget being the obvious reasons. The current monitor that I have is a 6 year old Samsung 18.5 inch LCD which has VGA as the only input. :P

Looking forward for suggestions/alternatives from the LTT community. :)

Thanks!

Yeah I'd say it's a pretty good fit. I have a 430W PSU so it should be more than fine.

Also follow your topic so you get notified when someone responds.

Is that power supply enough wattage? Yes

Should you ever ever ever use a power supply that comes with a case especially for a gaming PC? NO

P.S Try to squeeze out an R9 270 as it's amazing for the price.

Is that power supply enough wattage? Yes

Should you ever ever ever use a power supply that comes with a case especially for a gaming PC? NO

P.S Try to squeeze out an R9 270 as it's amazing for the price.

Will remember this tip for next time. And yes I have been told about not to trust the power supplies that come with the case. But I decided to use it only because of the brand name.

The R9 270 costs approx. 50% more than R7 260x here in India. Would the 420W supply that I have still be enough for this option?

Will remember this tip for next time. And yes I have been told about not to trust the power supplies that come with the case. But I decided to use it only because of the brand name.

The R9 270 costs approx. 50% more than R7 260x here in India. Would the 420W supply that I have still be enough for this option?

I think it would but for that much extra, it isn't worth it.

260x would be your best option or a used AMD card from eBay or something.

But since it's a case power supply I would recommend the 260x :)

check price on 750ti, if its cheaper, get it

also check price on 265

The 750ti is about 1k more than the r7 260x. While the R7 265 close to cost of R9 270 whereas it should have been closer to R7 260x.

The 750ti is about 1k more than the r7 260x. While the R7 265 close to cost of R9 270 whereas it should have been closer to R7 260x.

750ti is good option if you have expensive electricity or have lots of heat or probably both

and of course if its within your reach