Downgrade windows 8.1 to windows 7?

IBIubbleTea

As of right now, my brother's computer is using an unlicensed copy of Windows 8.1 because I took the key from him because it was mines.. :P Lucky me I have a copy of Windows 7. Is there an easy way to downgrade without backing up important files and formatting the drives? 

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Just make windows 8.1 like 7. So much easier 

Yes but I don't feel like buying another copy of Windows 8.1 when I have a copy of Windows 7 laying around collecting dust.

Yes but I don't feel like buying another copy of Windows 8.1 when I have a copy of Windows 7 laying around collecting dust.

It would be hard but just transfer all off and format then.

Chase B
Sound Tech and GPU Expert

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

Here's a link to Microsoft on how to downgrade to Windows 7, if you're using Windows 8.1 Pro then it says here that you have to go to Windows 7 Professional or Vista Business.

Click here to see more.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Here's a link to Microsoft on how to downgrade to Windows 7, if you're using Windows 8.1 Pro then it says here that you have to go to Windows 7 Professional or Vista Business.

Click here to see more.

Rip. Only have the standard version. Thanks for the help though.

I'd say you're better off backing up the important data from the computer and then formatting the drive. This way you'll have a clean installation of 7 to work with and not have to worry about junk just chilling on your drive.

I'd say you're better off backing up the important data from the computer and then formatting the drive. This way you'll have a clean installation of 7 to work with and not have to worry about junk just chilling on your drive.

^^^^ If you can do this do it! Backup the content and do clean installation of windows. It's better (but it takes more time).

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

The link that DimasRMDO posted doesn't apply to you. This is downgrade LICENSE. You said you have Windows 7 license already.

You can't downgrade Windows. You need to backup the files, format and re-install Windows and all your brother programs.

There is no easier process.