Phobya Reservoir Top Inlet Tube? Questions

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

to eliminate reservoir trickling, the use of a z-tube (bitspower) aqua-tube (EK)

can help.

have the fill line within the z-tube and the coolant will never splash.

Ok, So i will be purchasing a Phobya balancer 250 Reservoir, and i am going to be required in this build to use the top as a fill port. The problem i have is i dont want to get any tricking noise, so i think the best  thing to do is for me to get a internal tube for the reservoir correct? I cant seem to find the tube i need anywhere.

Is it even necessarry for me to use a tube? or would everything be fine as long as i kept the reservoir 100% full? Is it required to keep some air in your reservoir, or would just filling it all the way up fix my problem? I would like to put a Y-Splitter on top of my reservoir as well as a fill port on top of my case to fill the reservoir the first time, as well as to keep it topped off.

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

you can keep it 100% full. there is no reason to have air in your loop at all. the less air the better.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Ok, So i will be purchasing a Phobya balancer 250 Reservoir, and i am going to be required in this build to use the top as a fill port. The problem i have is i dont want to get any tricking noise, so i think the best  thing to do is for me to get a internal tube for the reservoir correct? I cant seem to find the tube i need anywhere.

Is it even necessarry for me to use a tube? or would everything be fine as long as i kept the reservoir 100% full? Is it required to keep some air in your reservoir, or would just filling it all the way up fix my problem? I would like to put a Y-Splitter on top of my reservoir as well as a fill port on top of my case to fill the reservoir the first time, as well as to keep it topped off.

I would recommend finding another reservoir with more than one inlet on the top. You could just turn the balancer 250 up side down but it would look weird with the splitter. If you can't find another reservoir you would at least need to find a G1/4 small tube that you would screw into the inlet at the top to not get the trickling noise, keeping everything 100% full all the time would be difficult since there's always some vaporization. Having a Y-splitter would also not be the best looking or practical solution. 

I would recommend something like bitspowers reservoir ( http://www.bitspower.com/html/product/pro_show.aspx?num=81091395&kind2=7 ) where you would have three ports and an internal inlet tube on the top and one outlet port.

I would recommend finding another reservoir with more than one inlet on the top. You could just turn the balancer 250 up side down but it would look weird with the splitter. If you can't find another reservoir you would at least need to find a G1/4 small tube that you would screw into the inlet at the top to not get the trickling noise, keeping everything 100% full all the time would be difficult since there's always some vaporization. Having a Y-splitter would also not be the best looking or practical solution. 

I would recommend something like bitspowers reservoir ( http://www.bitspower.com/html/product/pro_show.aspx?num=81091395&kind2=7 ) where you would have three ports and an internal inlet tube on the top and one outlet port.

OK but that reservoir that you linked is a horizontal reservoir, is it not? Do you have any other ideas or suggestions? I'm new to the whole water cooling thing

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

to eliminate reservoir trickling, the use of a z-tube (bitspower) aqua-tube (EK)

can help.

can help.

attachicon.gifztube.jpg

Perfect! I think I'll be going with the BitsPower Aqua pipe 2, that way I don't have to worry about conflicting threads scince I will have only one port.

Also the y splitter I will be using will be hidden so the fact that it will look bad doesn't matter