I have a few led strip questions

radmanhs

Hi, i have a few questions

1. How do you put waterproof led strips in res and have the top covered, also if you use mayhem's ice white with the uv blue and put uv bitfenix alchemy led strips in it will it light up the whole res?

2. how do you connect 2 led strips to a switch like this?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=21777

or something that connects to a pci bracket and can hold 2 strips - even better if it can hold 4 strips with 2 switches, 1 switch controlling 2 led strips

3. how long should the led strips be to go along the whole bottom and top of my phantom 410?

Performance PCs actually sells cable harnesses already made for switches, either for switches with an LED or without. They also have a number of switches already mounted in PCI brackets (under toggle switches) that have an addon option if you want them to add wiring.

Apparently it's fairly simple to wire up your own by just putting the switch on the 12v line, but someone smarter than me would need to elaborate on how to do that correctly.

That particular harness doesn't come with a switch, so you'd need to buy one separately.

You'd then be able to plug that on to the switch, plug your power supply in to the molex, and then daisy chain the molex adapters that comes with the alchemy strips to plug them both in. Keep in mind you'd probably want to mount the switch somewhere, too - for instance in a switch bus like this one. Also you can get ones with switches preinstalled, like this one from Phobya (where they again have options to wire it for you, and you don't need the separate harness) - avoid the ones by G-Vans though, they're apparently just making low-quality knockoffs of Lamptron products.

Oh one thing to note: BitFenix doesn't sell the Alchemy strips in UV, you'd have to find another option (like the Phobya ones Linus looked at recently.)