Need tips on selling stuff...

Hello there,

Stuff is happening IRL, and I need some advice...

I'm going to have to sell off a lot of stuff (old clothes in good condition, old toys in good condition, unused linen, misc. household items) to make room for some home renovations...

I've already decided to give away my old books (except for those that I want to keep) and send my really old PC parts (ca. 1998-2004) to the next e-waste collection drive...

Any tips on how to sell them off without losing too much money? Selling them online is not an option since I have no budget nor time to spare for preparing shipping...

The stuff I need to sell include tableware, toys, clothing, bedsheets, etc.... oh and 1 table... all of which are either imported or are in really good condition...

Stretch goal is 5000PhP (~200USD)...

Thanks in advance.

-Hermit

yard sale?

seriously, a good fri,sat,sun yard sale can net you some cash on your old junk. at least in america.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

yard sale?

seriously, a good fri,sat,sun yard sale can net you some cash on your old junk. at least in america.

If I could bring them out to the streets though... I know a good spot where I could sell the bulk of the tableware for a good price... too bad it's a 5-ish hour drive from here... and it's slightly illegal to sell there...

I'll try looking around for flea markets where we could take part in selling...

Not sure about clothes, sometimes people still pay for it and sometimes they dont want to do it.

Possibly try to sell them to family or friends?

And about the toys, what kind of toys? What shape? 

Possibly try to get in contact with a collector.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Not sure about clothes, sometimes people still pay for it and sometimes they dont want to do it.

Agreed, if the toys are old enough, it might have some collector value, some people will pay damn near $100 USD for a 20 year old hot wheels car.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

The toys have no collector's value... They might end up in a toy drive...

Except for 1 scale train set and 1 RC car...

As for the clothes... some of them are witner clothing... which are practically useless in my country...

The toys have no collector's value... They might end up in a toy drive...

Except for 1 scale train set and 1 RC car...

As for the clothes... some of them are witner clothing... which are practically useless in my country...

The train might be worth something, I sometimes go in this small train stores and some of those trains are worth quite a bit..

And about the RC car, depends what sort of RC car it is. Is it one of those small ones or like bigger or something??

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The train might be worth something, I sometimes go in this small train stores and some of those trains are worth quite a bit..

And about the RC car, depends what sort of RC car it is. Is it one of those small ones or like bigger or something??

It's a monster truck... around the size of a basketball... the plot twist is that it runs on a lot of AA batteries... (or was it C batteries, I can't remember)

I know the train is worth something so I'll be the one to personally deal with that one...

It's a monster truck... around the size of a basketball... the plot twist is that it runs on a lot of AA batteries... (or was it C batteries, I can't remember)

I know the train is worth something so I'll be the one to personally deal with that one...

I dont think the battery powered RC cars are worth a lot, but you have some legit engine RC cars, so I thought maybe you had that..

Well, you best is trying to contact some collectors to see if the train is worth something.

I dont think the battery powered RC cars are worth a lot, but you have some legit engine RC cars, so I thought maybe you had that..

Well, you best is trying to contact some collectors to see if the train is worth something.

I'll try contacting some people for this year's December ToyCon (a local toys and collector's convention)...

maybe get an appraisal before the end of the month...

IIRC it's a Santa-fe replica...

casj000sf347c.jpg

like that one above... the lead car is made of die cast steel with working motor and lights... there's some slight damage to the set since I got it back in 1998...

I'm aiming to sell the whole set for 3500PhP to 5000PhP and throw in a 250W stepdown transformer (it runs at 110V... we use 220V...)