will connecting my tablet via WPS increase performance?

Corruption
Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,

Or what will connecting it via WPS do if not increase performance?

The tablet is Samsung Tab 3 8.0.

WPS stands for Wireless Protected Setup.

It's essentially "typing in the password for lazy people". It works with existing Wifi encryption methods (WPA2), but bypasses having to type in the Wifi encryption key (your Wifi password), and instead works more like pairing Bluetooth devices or pairing an Xbox controller. You press the WPA button on your Wifi Router, and then press (or enable) the WPA button/mode on the device (laptop, mobile phone, etc).

WPA has literally nothing to do with wifi performance. Once the WPA handshake has happened, the connection is secured via the chosen encryption method (generally WPA2).

If you compare it to unencrypted (open) wifi, then there might indeed be a performance hit, but I've never compared. And even if there were, it would be insignificant compared to all the potential risks of having an open wifi network.

Taking Falling to whole new Heights

what?

you mean WPS instead of unsecure Wi-Fi? no it won't matter.

you mean just connect to Wi-Fi? it will give you faster download speeds.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

it doesn't matter

wps is another security attempt to connect via wireless than regular attempt with password

anyway... it doesn't really matter

WPS is used as an alternative to typing in a password when you connect to your wireless network. I would turn it off though, as it presents a potential security hole.

WPS stands for Wireless Protected Setup.

It's essentially "typing in the password for lazy people". It works with existing Wifi encryption methods (WPA2), but bypasses having to type in the Wifi encryption key (your Wifi password), and instead works more like pairing Bluetooth devices or pairing an Xbox controller. You press the WPA button on your Wifi Router, and then press (or enable) the WPA button/mode on the device (laptop, mobile phone, etc).

WPA has literally nothing to do with wifi performance. Once the WPA handshake has happened, the connection is secured via the chosen encryption method (generally WPA2).

If you compare it to unencrypted (open) wifi, then there might indeed be a performance hit, but I've never compared. And even if there were, it would be insignificant compared to all the potential risks of having an open wifi network.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)