What Happened to Blue Themed Parts?

KingPC

Z77 had its fair share of blue components. Gigabyte, Asus and MSI all made blue motherboards. Some would argue there were far too many blue motherboards, and i would agree to a certain extent.
Asrock did its own gold, black and silver themed boards which didn't look that bad as the gold didn't overpower the other colours. Graphics card wise, Radeon 7xxx cards were red except for non reference designs in which powercolour and MSI featured blue. Nvidia gtx 6xx wise there was Galaxy, MSI power edition but majority were black.

This year Asus' motherboards went with gold, which i would assume is the most popular colour. Their only good looking boards were the sabertooth, gryphon and ROG boards. Gigabyte has their lower end boards blue, higher end boards red, gold, green and orange. MSI ditched blue and went for red (that makes 4 companies with red boards - Asus, gigabyte,MSI and Asrock). Asrock stayed with silver, gold and black but didn't overdo it like asus did. For Graphics cards only galaxy has a slightly blue themed 770, everything else is black, silver, gold, red and green

My build is blue themed :( sad to see o many companies choose different colour schemes, but unfortunately, if it wasn't what the consumer wanted, they wouldn't sell it, (less money)!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

MSI has yellow to.

And i for one am happy,blue is one of the worst colors imo (As i am wearing a blue shirt)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

blue is sooo last generation 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I love my white black and blue Z77 build..Guess I won't be upgrading to Z87.

I guess Gold is the new blue.. Now we get gold components and bedazzle our cases I guess.. :)

I want to do a blue build, but its only going to be the lighting as to me, blue mobos look cheap.

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

In the words of Linus; "..And everyones jaws dropped."

i dont like blue ONLY. combo with other colors is so much better

for example blue / red

anywho, if you have seen/remember custom builds from around 2005, you would say it was inspired by rainbow :)

now we see mostly mono and dual color combos

Because blue is gone let PURPLE come !!!!

PURPLE FTW. My favourite colour.

I would love a purple themed Motherboard, Graphics card and RAM. With Purple LEDs.

I have RGB LEDs in my PC and have them set to purple. Looks great.

Those asus gold motherboards look horrible in my opinion in if you get past the so called fancy looks they they have small heat sinks and unless you get a sabertooth or rog then asus are lacking compared to the other companies. Then again i think since they brought those names in the other products were like the ugly ducks. also their DOA rate explodes with their normal boards which i noticed at lot with the z77. I fail to understand how so many people can get mobos with bent pins. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i dont like blue ONLY. combo with other colors is so much better

for example blue / red

anywho, if you have seen/remember custom builds from around 2005, you would say it was inspired by rainbow :)

now we see mostly mono and dual color combos

I think blue goes well with orange not red, as they are contrasting colours XD but yeah I agree there needs to be SOME kind of combo :)

PROFILEYEAH

I think blue goes well with orange not red, as they are contrasting colours XD but yeah I agree there needs to be SOME kind of combo :)

yes, but dark blue and strong red cold cathodes do come nicely, especially with lighter color mobo, white case.JWM-gradient.jpg

orange and light blue - portal anyone :D ? 

CustomComputer.jpg

yes, but dark blue and strong red cold cathodes do come nicely, especially with lighter color mobo, white case.

orange and light blue - portal anyone :D ? 

Very true :D

PROFILEYEAH

I buy parts for their aesthetics. I'll take the Gigabyte over an Asus because its read instead of gold and the features really aren't that different. 

Seriously gold wtf? And yellow too by MSI, common guys gross.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Very true :D

oh yea, forgot to paste pictures :(

4lq6i1.jpgIMAG0247.jpgIMAG0252.jpg

BTw great red black computer case, plus a cat :D

unreal_case_mod_top_panel9o.jpg

oh yea, forgot to paste pictures :(

BTw great red black computer case, plus a cat :D

unreal_case_mod_top_panel9o.jpg

excellent CAT XD

PROFILEYEAH